#695: Don't buffer output from configuration scripts
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Output from configuration scripts is buffered, and is only output after
the script has finished. This is inconvenient for long-running scripts.
Instead, the output should be shown right away.
This buffering is done in file lib/sbin/ConfigScriptParser.pl, which uses
Perl backquotes `` to collect all of the script's output. Instead, Cactus
should use a pipe to read the script's output line-by-line, and process it
immediately.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/695>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#163: Assertion `tl>=0 and tl<timelevels' failed error
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Reporter: azebrowski@… | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
I'm currently running a Cactus simulation based off the ET mclachlan
parameter file. I have some custom thorns which force checkpointing every
iteration, and then write new parameter files. The new parameter files
are used to run specific functions from the host simulation ("spawning"),
but I'm having some problems resuming simulations.
Currently, I get this error when resuming:
INFO (Carpet): GF: rhs: 818k active, 1440k owned (+76%), 1896k total
(+32%), 328 steps/time
cactus_sim:
/home/azebrowski/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/th.hh:79: double
th::get_time(int, int, int) const: Assertion `tl>=0 and tl<timelevels'
failed.
[cyder:32759] *** Process received signal ***
[cyder:32759] Signal: Aborted (6)
I'm guessing there's a parameter I'm not setting properly in my child
simulation, could anyone give me a pointer to where I should be looking?
I looked for things relating to timelevels in the host/spawned parameter
files, but didn't see anything that stood out. My parameter files used
and full output are attached to this email, with the disclaimer that I
modified the spawned parameter file to run every function instead of
skipping some in an attempt to bypass any problems that could be caused by
skipping some Carpet function on accident.
I've made a bzipped tarball containing the checkpointed data from the
simulation. It contains several parameter files. The parameter file of
interest here is spawn.par, as it doesn't use any of my custom code but
still causes Cactus to abort with an error. I left the other parameter
files in on the off chance that I might need to refer to them later.
Here is the source parameter file, which creates the spawned simulation:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/ml-ahfinder-spawn.par
Here is the spawned simulation's parameter file:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/spawn.par
Here is the full checkpointed data and another copy of the spawned
parameter file:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/data.tar.bz2
Other information:
I ran the simulation using OpenMP with 12 cores to generate the
checkpointed data. I've also tried MPI, but that didn't seem to make a
difference.
Thornlist:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/ThornList
gcc:
azebrowski@cyder:~/Cactus$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu
4.4.3-4ubuntu5' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-
shared --enable-multiarch --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.4 --program-suffix=-4.4
--enable-nls --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-plugin
--enable-objc-gc --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i486 --with-tune=generic
--enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu
--target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5)
Fortran is gfortran-4.4
I'm using the Mercurial version of Carpet, and the ET development thorns.
If you need more information, please let me know.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/163>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#434: Keep track of masked-out volume in CarpetMask
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Keep track of the volume that is masked out by CarpetMask, and take this
volume into account when checking in CarpetReduce that the integral over
the simulation domain equals the domain volume.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/434>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#663: thornlists within Cactus should get cleaned up
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Most of the thornlists in
https://svn.cactuscode.org/Utilities/trunk/Thornlist*
are out of date, and should get cleaned up.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/663>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#361: delta_time when setting up ID with explicit time dependence
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter: eloisa.bentivegna@… | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version: ET_2010_11
Keywords: |
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
In CallInitial, delta_time is used to calculate the time corresponding to
the different timelevels (line 399 of Carpet/src/Initialise.cc). At this
stage, though, delta_time is always equal to 1, leading to potentially
very separated initial-data slices when using init_each_timelevel and an
initial-data thorn that uses cctk_time explicitly. Should
cctkGH->cctk_delta_time be used here instead?
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/361>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#323: GetComponents overwrites thorn list
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: critical | Milestone:
Component: GetComponents | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
I specified a thorn list located in the main Cactus directory.
GetComponents overwrote this thorn list with its own thorn list (the one
it generates automatically).
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/323>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#631: Documentation fails to build
---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: blocker | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
With the current ET, I cannot build the documentation:
[ianhin@login-damiana EinsteinToolkit]$ make AllDoc
Creating user documentation UsersGuide.pdf
Running pdflatex....
! Argument of \CA@getsvndate has an extra }.
! Paragraph ended before \CA@getsvndate was complete.
! Argument of \CA@getsvndate has an extra }.
! Paragraph ended before \CA@getsvndate was complete.
! Paragraph ended before \@parse@version was complete.
! Missing number, treated as zero.
! Missing = inserted for \ifnum.
! Missing number, treated as zero.
! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.
! Undefined control sequence.
Problem in . See doc/UsersGuide/LATEX_MESSAGES.
make: *** [UsersGuide] Error 1
I am attaching LATEX_MESSAGES. I have tried this both on damiana and on
my laptop. I consider this a blocker issue which could delay the release.
We must have working documentation.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/631>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#831: Cactus FAQ is out of date
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2012_05
Component: Cactus website | Version:
Keywords: |
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
The FAQ at http://cactuscode.org/documentation/faq is ancient and some of
its content is irrelevant now. It would be nice for this to be revised
before the next release.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/831>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#797: N13CarpetRegrid211snap_coarseE does not hold after being enforced in cell
centering
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version:
Keywords: |
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
I have a run (on Caltech's shc and on lonestar) which runs fine for about
300M or so and then fails with a property enforcement error inside of
CarpetRegrid.
Attached please find stdout with Carpet::veryverbose=yes,
CarpetRegrid2::veryverbose=yes as well as the parameter file.
It takes about 1hr to reproduce this starting from the checkpoints on shc.
Most of this time is IO (the checkpoint is iteration 133120 failure occurs
at preregrid in iteration 133185).
Turning off cell centering makes the error go away. Turning on refluxing
makes the run fails (much) earlier with a boxes not contained error (re-
running this on shc right now, the XSEDE clusters are just too slow).
In case you have access to shc (or zwicky) and would look at the actual
output files, the path is:
/panfs/ds06/sxs/rhaas/cactus/simulations/noreflux/output-0003
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/797>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#517: archive CactusExternal
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
We should move the CactusExternal thorns to archive. They cause trouble
and confusion where they are right now. This should happen for the next
Cactus release.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/517>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit