#2173: Test "Poisson equation" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2021_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Miguel Gracia):
I have added to the downloads folder the file poisson\_20210514.tar.gz with all the gallery results.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2173/test-poisson-equa…
#2173: Test "Poisson equation" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2021_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Miguel Gracia):
I have updated the parfile with the `Cactus::presync_mode = "mixed-error"` option.
I ran the example using a machine configured with _Intel\(R\) Xeon\(R\) Gold 6226R CPU @ 2.90GHz and 64Gb of ram._
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2173/test-poisson-equa…
#2176: Test "Binary neutron star" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2021_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Atul Kedia):
Thanks for that.
For the record, Presync enabled gives the following error:
> Required read for SPHERICALSURFACE::sf\_area\[0\] \(rl=0\) not satisfied. Have Nowhere and require Everywhere missing Everywhere at the start of routine CarpetMask::CarpetSurfaceSetup. Current valid state:
> Valid entries: SPHERICALSURFACE::sf\_area\[0\] \(rl=0\) Nowhere.
Looks like an easy fix. I have no experience with both this thorn and presync to know how that can be done.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2176/test-binary-neutr…
#2487: *_evolution_method = "LeanBSSNMoL" in Lean does nothing
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Miguel Zilhão):
I was just thinking that since we’re getting close to a release date, it’s probably better not to incorporate these changes in the master branch directly. Gabriele, could you amend your PR so that the target is the development branch instead? After the release date I would then merge that with master.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2487/_evolution_method…
#2176: Test "Binary neutron star" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2021_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I would rather not point anything to my Bitbucket repo since that repo really just contains the single revision of the code. The svn server seems down right now so even from within LSU one cannot get a fresh checkout with all version history for git. Also since the thorn was developed at LSU I would rather not take ownership of it in my personal Bitbucket account.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2176/test-binary-neutr…
#2176: Test "Binary neutron star" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2021_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Atul Kedia):
Yes, that seems to be working for me.
Should I temporarily edit the thornlist on BNS website as well? Or we can discuss in the meeting tomorrow.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2176/test-binary-neutr…
#2528: ExternalLibraries/libjpeg thorn adds problematic system library path to Cactus
Reporter: Michael Müller
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: ET_2020_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Michael Müller):
I will look into this. Thanks for the explanation!
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2528/externallibraries…
#2528: ExternalLibraries/libjpeg thorn adds problematic system library path to Cactus
Reporter: Michael Müller
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2020_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
This is basically the inverse of [https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2428/possible-issue-be… and a partial fix was implemented in git hash [b78b0a1f](https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/commits/b78b0a1ffbb90f74f… "Cactus: New scripts to strip standard directory from include and library paths" of [cactus](https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus) 7 years ago.
A workaround without changing code is to set `LIBJPEG_DIR = BUILD` forcing a build from source and thus avoiding the system directory.
A proper \(for some notion of proper, really more a hack\) fix would be to ensure that in `ExternalLibraries/libjpeg/configure.sh` the `LIBJPEG_LIB_DIRS` and `LIBJPEG_INC_DIRS` variables are passed through `${CCTK_HOME}/lib/sbin/strip-libdirs.s` and `${CCTK_HOME}/lib/sbin/strip-incdirs.s` respectively as is done eg in `arrangements/ExternalLibraries/hwloc/src/detect.sh`.
If you have time and could produce a pull request with those changes that would be great. If you have more time and would also add the same code to `arrangements/ExternalLibraries/HDF5/src/detect.sh` and `GSL/src/detect.sh`, where it is also missing, that would be even better.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2528/externallibraries…