#2551: include RePriMand in the ET
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Wolfgang Kastaun):
Noted. Not going to change the license unless there is a real problem with CC4.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2551/include-reprimand…
#2555: IllinoisGRMHD: use proper LaTeX citations in documentation
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Please review.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2555/illinoisgrmhd-use…
#2538: Inclusion of kuibit
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2021_11
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Gabriele Bozzola):
I gave two overviews on `kuibit` \([first](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-F2xh-m31A), [second](https://youtu.be/g-JlXfLvUZU)\), but I have never given a more hands-on tutorial. If needed, I can give that too at any time.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2538/inclusion-of-kuib…
#2551: include RePriMand in the ET
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I would note that the non-commercial CC licenses are incompatible with GPL, since GPL compatibility requires that commercial use is allowed. This is not much of an issue for us since we never distribute a derived object, but eg the compiled Cactus executable \(or a tarball of the full source code\) cannot be distributed if it contains both CC-NC and GPL code since the licenses conflict \(but one can still use it internally of course\). See [https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.en.html#CC-BY-NC](https://www.gnu…
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2551/include-reprimand…
#2553: Cactus' link command uses CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: Cactus
Comment (by Erik Schnetter):
You would need to point Spack to the compiler and MPI libraries that it should use \(and maybe a few more\), and then build the rest. Building your own MPI library is easy; using it is next to impossible since it’s very difficult to configure it to use the existing hardware \(and it’s probably actually impossible on Crays\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2553/cactus-link-comma…
#2407: Cactus math work-arounds break CarpetX reduction operators
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: open
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: Cactus
Comment (by Roland Haas):
The workarounds \(indirectly\) also cause issues on new M1 macOS machines since Apple seems to have removed the `finite` function call that is used in some places instead of `std::isfininite` \(and just `isfinite` does not work\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2407/cactus-math-work-…
#2553: Cactus' link command uses CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: Cactus
Comment (by Roland Haas):
My biggest worry with Spac is that, unless the cluster’s module system is also based on Spac, it is often hard to integrate Spac generated packages with the cluster ones. I realize that one can often just build everything using Spac incl. MPI etc. but am not sure how confident I am in this always providing a good solution. I expect it will do somewhat poorly on clusters with proprietary hardware, eg Crays of any shape and size or clusters where MPI required a lot of hand tuning.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2553/cactus-link-comma…
#2553: Cactus' link command uses CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: Cactus
Comment (by Erik Schnetter):
I’m working on a Spack recipe for the Einstein Toolkit. It’s working \(with many external libraries, of course\), but it currently uses plain `make` instead of Simfactory. Once that’s done I’ll submit it as official package.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2553/cactus-link-comma…