#2259: Cannot find DOI for Einstein Toolkit release on ET web pages
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: closed
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Changes (by Roland Haas):
status: closed (was on hold)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2259/cannot-find-doi-f…
#2604: Simbuilding problem on macOS Monterey
Reporter: Lorenzo Bertassi
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: SimFactory
Changes (by Roland Haas):
status: open (was resolved)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2604/simbuilding-probl…
#2604: Simbuilding problem on macOS Monterey
Reporter: Lorenzo Bertassi
Status: resolved
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: SimFactory
Comment (by Roland Haas):
If you are using a x86 Mac, then no, it should not be related to Monterey. I tested compiling and running the ET on Monterey for an x86 Mac using both Homebrew and Macports using the instructions in the tutorial and things worked ok for me \(last test was 2022-04-25\).
Note that I start from a freshly installed system, so if you have other packages installed they may interfere. Having _both_ macports and homebrew installed at the same time can also cause trouble I assume.
If you know how to set these up I would suggest giving it a try in a freshly in stalled macOS VM. This one [https://github.com/myspaghetti/macos-virtualbox](https://github.com/myspagh… should probably work \(it has been a while since I used VirtualBox, currently I use VMWare for which my university has a license\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2604/simbuilding-probl…
#2604: Simbuilding problem on macOS Monterey
Reporter: Lorenzo Bertassi
Status: resolved
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: SimFactory
Comment (by shanshan rodriguez):
Thanks for your prompt reply, Roland. I did follow the tutorial prerequisite and have installed Xcode, Macports and homebrew successfully. But this doesn’t seem to fix the issue for me.
Also, FYI I was able to build it successfully on a Big Sur Macbook. Could this be an issue related to Monterey?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2604/simbuilding-probl…
#2604: Simbuilding problem on macOS Monterey
Reporter: Lorenzo Bertassi
Status: resolved
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: SimFactory
Comment (by Roland Haas):
This is fixed in the instructions provided in the tutorial notebook. In a nutshell, `clang` is not \(has never been\) supported.Instead one must install either macports or homebrew and use the actual `gcc` compiler in there. Please see this email: [http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2022-March/008436.html](ht…
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2604/simbuilding-probl…
#2604: Simbuilding problem on macOS Monterey
Reporter: Lorenzo Bertassi
Status: resolved
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: SimFactory
Comment (by shanshan rodriguez):
Hello! I’m experiencing the same issue. I’m also using Mac Monterey and Xcode 13. The last few lines of my error message look identical as yours. If you could share how this was resolved, I’d really appreciate it! Thank you.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2604/simbuilding-probl…
#2614: Link to SelfForce1D docs from ET page
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: resolved
Milestone: ET_2022_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Changes (by Roland Haas):
status: resolved (was new)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2614/link-to-selfforce…