#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Michal Pirog):
Done \(other suggestions\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Michal Pirog):
> I’d remove the output file and thorn SystemStatistics from the ActiveThorns line
That is what I did. I’m working on the other suggestions now.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
He already removed the SystemStatistics output, if that’s what you mean. But yeah, removing the thorn completely is a reasonable request.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I’d remove the output file and thorn SystemStatistics from the ActiveThorns line \(to run with as few thorns as possible\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
Thanks! The only other changes I would like to suggest are
1\. there are several variables that are outputted but don’t have files in the test dir \(`HydroBase::w_lorentz`, `SphericalSurface::sf_radius`, and `ML_ADMConstraints::ML_Ham`\); I’d just remove these from the parfile, but if you want to check them please add the corresponding output files
2\. we aim to have the tests be as light-weight as possible; to that end, I’d suggest cutting down the number of iterations for the test to two or three scalar outputs
two outputs would correspond to setting
```
Cactus::terminate = "iteration"
Cactus::cctk_itlast = 512
```
Changing this also means replacing all the files in `DNSdata/test/DNSdata_test` with the new output.
Thanks for working with us on these changes. If the test fails on any machines, we will let you know.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Michal Pirog):
Done.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
Sorry, I didn’t notice you were outputting a statistics file. You should also remove the SystemStatistics variable from the IO in the parfile so the output generated by the test matches what’s in the test directory.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…
#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_11
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Michal Pirog):
Should I simply remove this file?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgri…