#2699: ETK fails on mac os Ventura
Reporter:
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: task
Priority: minor
Component:
cat configs/sim/config-data/config.log
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
configure:922: checking host system type
configure:948: checking for mawk
configure:948: checking for gawk
configure:948: checking for nawk
configure:948: checking for awk
configure:1017: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:1082: checking whether the C compiler (gcc-12 -g -std=gnu99 -rdynamic) works
configure:1099: gcc-12 -o conftest -g -std=gnu99 -rdynamic conftest.c 1>&5
ld: unsupported tapi file type '!tapi-tbd' in YAML file '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk/usr/lib/libSystem.tbd' for architecture x86_64
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 1094 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
int main(){return(0);} int PilotMain(){return(0);}
(base)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2699/etk-fails-on-mac-…
#2692: Inclusion of FUKA importer thorns
Reporter: tootle
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version: ET_2023_05
Type: proposal
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by tootle):
@{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} @{63ee64f4a4fdf0935c886bb1}
I have put some effort into the KadathThorn which handles ensuring the kadath library exists and, if not, will be built along with all the other thorns. This still requires that the user has a compiler that is compatible with the C\+\+17 standard and std::filesystem.
I have added quite some output during the build process to let the user know that HOME\_KADATH will need to be set in their submit script along with the directory to use. I’m not sure if there is a good way to include this in the basic simfactory files? Maybe @{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} has a good idea for this since I never use simfactory. It is worth noting that this isn’t critical other than to utilize `${HOME_KADATH}/eos` for using the built-in EOS files for 1D tables and polytropes.
@{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} : Additionally, I would prefer to avoid having a tarball of the library that is separately packaged and stored as an ExternalLibrary. To avoid this - during the build procedure for KadathThorn \(if FUKA needs to be built\) - the build script will pull the fuka submodule. I’m not sure if this goes against any best practices that ETK tries to adhere by, but it worked quite well from a testing/build standpoint.
@{63ee64f4a4fdf0935c886bb1} : The thorns are more or less in a final place, but I still need to write the documentation. I don’t think this will impact you though given your familiarity with the codes. The thing I would note is that in the KadathImporter there is now a test directory that includes a quick test using preexisting BH initial data. The only output is from AHFinder where one can see the BH mass matches the ID in the info file. I have also included a semi-minimum thornlist needed to run the test along with the cfg and sub scripts that I used to build ETK and submit the test job. The build procedure and test was performed on my laptop. The test, using 4 ranks, took ~2min.
Cheers
P.S. The latest of both thorns can be obtained by adding the following to a standard thornlist:
```none
# fuka thorns
!TARGET = $ARR
!TYPE = git
!URL = https://bitbucket.org/fukaws/$2
!REPO_PATH=../$2
!CHECKOUT =
Fuka/KadathImporter
#disabled fuka/kadathpizza
Fuka/KadathThorn
```
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2692/inclusion-of-fuka…
#2682: updates to compile ET on macOS M1 systems
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Unless objected I will apply this after 2023-03-02
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2682/updates-to-compil…
#2683: Slab fails to compile without MPI
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Unless objected I will apply this after 2023-03-02
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2683/slab-fails-to-com…
#2666: Testsuite system does not recognize "Cactus" thorn
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: resolved
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: Cactus
Changes (by Roland Haas):
status: resolved (was new)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2666/testsuite-system-…
#2697: Include BBH+scalar field initial data code from Canuda in ET
Reporter: Cheng-Hsin Cheng
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
@{5a39478ed96dcc384266ff71}
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2697/include-bbh-scala…
#2697: Include BBH+scalar field initial data code from Canuda in ET
Reporter: Cheng-Hsin Cheng
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Changes (by Cheng-Hsin Cheng):
responsible: [] (was )
assignee: Cheng-Hsin Cheng (was )
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2697/include-bbh-scala…