#2725: Walltime being overwritten to 24 hours
Reporter: Matthew Cerep
Status: submitted
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: trivial
Component: SimFactory
Comment (by Matthew Cerep):
Yes, I’m on thornyflat in a queue that should allow for a maximum walltime of 168 hours, which is why I’m confused that it's being set to 24 hours. Here’s the command I entered.
./simfactory/bin/sim create-submit insp08\_final\_small\_2 --parfile par/charged\_binary\_inspiral\_final.rpar --walltime 168:00:00 --queue comm\_small\_week --cores 80 --ppn 40 --num-threads 1 --machine thornyflat
The rparfile just uses the python package jhuki to generate the parfile, I tested it with the a regular parfile as well and the issue persists.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2725/walltime-being-ov…
#2725: Walltime being overwritten to 24 hours
Reporter: Matthew Cerep
Status: submitted
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: trivial
Component: SimFactory
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Not sure if this is a bug or just unexpected behaviour.
Most clusters have a maximum allowed walltime \(often 24 or 48 hours\). Simfactory is aware of the limit \(via the maxwalltime setting in the machine.ini file\) and will automatically split up longer jobs into chained segments of at most maxwalltime length.
You seem to be on the thornyflat cluster where maxwalltime is 168 hours \(see [https://bitbucket.org/simfactory/simfactory2/src/master/mdb/machines/thorny…), so that should actually not limit the walltime to 24 hours
Second, simfactory contains hard-coded, historic, unfortunate, code that will reset the right hand side of the \`TerminationTrigger::max\_walltime\` parameter to the walltime that simfactory was given in its submit command \(or the default value for walltime, which I do not recall on top of my head\). As far as I know this cannot be turned off \(though I may well be wrong\).
Could you provide the exact simfactory command that you entered, please?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2725/walltime-being-ov…
#2725: Walltime being overwritten to 24 hours
Reporter: Matthew Cerep
Status: submitted
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: trivial
Component: SimFactory
Whenever I submit a job, the walltime gets set to 24 hours. Even if I hardcode a max\_walltime for TerminationTrigger as some value, when I look at the parfile it outputs in the simulation directory the value gets overwritten to 24. I went into the submitScript file and hardcoded the walltime there to my desired walltime as well, but that doesn’t help. The parfile and log.txt file \(attached is the log file\) says the walltime is 24 hours, but running qstat -u says it’s the desired walltime. I believe the issue is with SimFactory, but I’m not sure what’s going on or how to fix it.
attachment: log.txt (https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2…)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2725/walltime-being-ov…
#2173: Test "Poisson equation" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: resolved
Milestone: ET_2022_11
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Leonardo Werneck):
@{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} could you please change this milestone to ET\_2023\_05 and assign it to @{62e2dce03aaeedcae75675a2} ? I don’t know how to change the assignee.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2173/test-poisson-equa…
#2174: Test "Multi Patch Scalar Wave Equation" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Leonardo Werneck):
I don’t know how to change the assignee. @{62e2dce03aaeedcae75675a2} does Jake have a Bitbucket account? I couldn’t find him based on his email address.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2174/test-multi-patch-…
#2721: Cactus does not detect `gettimeofday` timer
Reporter: Erik Schnetter
Status: resolved
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Changes (by Roland Haas):
status: resolved (was open)
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Thank you for the patch.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2721/cactus-does-not-d…