#2174: Test "Multi Patch Scalar Wave Equation" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2024_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Lucas Timotheo Sanches):
@{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} I’ve completed the run, uploaded the tarball and updated the gallery page.
The only thing remaining would be to slightly correct the instructions on the top of the issue.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2174/test-multi-patch-…
#2173: Test "Poisson equation" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: resolved
Milestone: ET_2024_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Changes (by Steven R. Brandt):
status: resolved (was open)
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
Done
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2173/test-poisson-equa…
#2173: Test "Poisson equation" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2024_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
Today I learned that there is sometimes useful information in these tickets.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2173/test-poisson-equa…
#2174: Test "Multi Patch Scalar Wave Equation" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2024_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Lucas Timotheo Sanches):
# Instructions
I had a few minor issues getting the instructions to produce the expected output. Bellow are the corrections needed:
1. In step 3, instruction 1 where one reads
```
./utils/Scripts/MakeThornList --master thonrlists/einsteintoolkit.th --output thornlists/Kerr-Schild_Multipole.th
```
one should read
```
./utils/Scripts/MakeThornList --master thornlists/einsteintoolkit.th --output thornlists/Kerr-Schild_Multipole.th par/Kerr-Schild_Multipole.par
```
2. In step 4, where one reads
```
./simfactory/bin/sim create-submit --parfile par/Kerr-Schild_Multipole.par --cores 8 --num-threads 2 --walltime 0:30:00
```
one should read
```
./simfactory/bin/sim create-submit Kerr-Schild_Multipole --parfile par/Kerr-Schild_Multipole.par --cores 8 --num-threads 2 --walltime 0:30:00
```
# Visualization
I recommend removing the `wget http://einsteintoolkit.org/gallery/multipatch/Kerr-Schild_Multipole.session` file from the gallery for the following reasons:
1. In `visit` version `3.4.1`, where I produce the plots, several instructions on the session file are deprecated.
2. The session file is highly specific to the user that tested the visualization. Any changes in input, output and home folders cause the session to fail
I propose that instead of using the session file, we provide a python script to produce the output. The script increases reproducibility of the example and addresses both issues mentioned above and can be invoked via
```
visit -cli -nowin -s plot.py <Folder containing Carpet HDF5 files> <Output folder> <image name (without extension)>
```
How would I go about changing this @Roland Hass?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2174/test-multi-patch-…
#2803: Add simfactory files for Frontier
Reporter: Liwei Ji
Status: resolved
Milestone:
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Changes (by Samuel Cupp):
status: resolved (was new)
Comment (by Samuel Cupp):
This PR has been merged.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2803/add-simfactory-fi…