#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Suo-Ning Wang):
I used the method you provided on Opensuse and encountered the same problem as before.
```
libtool: link: g++ -g -std=c++17 -D_GNU_SOURCE -O2 -fopenmp -Wall -rdynamic -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/14 -o silock silock.o -L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/14 -L/usr/gapps/silo/szip/2.1/i386-pc-linux-gcc-3.2.3/lib ../../src/.libs/libsilo.a -lhdf5hl_fortran -lhdf5_fortran -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz -lcrypt -lgfortran -lm -lsz -fopenmp
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/14/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lsz: No such file or directory
```
I only found the path of libsz.so not libsz.a and I use the way you provide before but it doesn’t work.
```
LIBDIRS=<path-to-directory-with-libsz.a>
```


--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Suo-Ning Wang):
I want to ask how to disable \(remove from the thornlist file\) PETSc and Silo. In this file Cactus/thornlists/[einsteintoolkit.th](http://einsteintoolkit.th)? And should I delete relevant parts? Is this way for Ubuntu?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2606: Inconsistent LAPACK versions in ExternalLibraries/BLAS & LAPACK
Reporter: Zach Etienne
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component:
Comment (by Zach Etienne):
Thanks for tackling this ticket! I don’t see anything obviously wrong.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2606/inconsistent-lapa…
#2476: BLAS and LAPACK ExternalLibraries ignore BLAS_DIR and LAPACK_DIR
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version:
Type: task
Priority: major
Component:
Changes (by Roland Haas):
status: open (was on hold)
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2476/blas-and-lapack-e…
#2476: BLAS and LAPACK ExternalLibraries ignore BLAS_DIR and LAPACK_DIR
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: on hold
Milestone:
Version:
Type: task
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Ping, to update LAPACK and BLAS to use FOO\_DIR in the same manner as the other external libraries. Namely the directory pointed to is “base” directory and not the “lib” directory.
This would be a breaking change so will need some discussion.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2476/blas-and-lapack-e…
#2843: update FFTW3 to 3.3.10
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: minor
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
this builds with -std=c99 since it no longer uses gcc's `asm()` pseudofunction but instead uses `__asm__`
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2843/update-fftw3-to-3…