#452: Declare all private variables as private -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Keywords: | -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- In Fortran OpenMP, loop variables of parallel loops are implicitly private and do not need to be declared as private. I find this somewhat confusing, and I suggest to nevertheless declare them to be private. In particular, when tracking down OpenMP problems I am never sure whether it is a compiler problem, and I want to avoid as much ambiguity as possible. The attached patch does this.
#452: Declare all private variables as private ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by eschnett):
* status: new => review
#452: Declare all private variables as private ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I agree, this doesn't harm and makes things clearer, especially when involving the nested 3D loops. Please apply.
#452: Declare all private variables as private ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by eschnett):
* status: review => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Applied.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org