#1841: GRHydro tracers broken -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: I.Hawke@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Keywords: GRHydro | -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- The GRHydro::GRHydro_tracers group is not registered as a constrained variable with MoL in GRHydro. This means that, in runs with insufficient conserved variables and other memory settings, the first step through the loop sets NaNs for the tracers: they then fail to update (or, at least, not correctly).
To fix this, add
register_constrained("GRHydro::GRHydro_tracers");
on or around line 143 of GRHydro_RegisterVars.cc.
#1841: GRHydro tracers broken ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: I.Hawke@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: GRHydro ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by I.Hawke@…):
This is not the only problem with tracers, as I've since found.
Currently all reconstruction of tracers is done on the primitive variables, but the conserved are never updated. This can be fixed by adding
if (evolve_tracer .ne. 0) then call Prim2ConservativeTracer(CCTK_PASS_FTOF) end if
at the end of GRHydro_Reconstruct.F90, but *only* if the use_cxx_code parameter is set to no.
To truly fix tracers, the C++ version GRHydro_Reconstruct.cc will also need a P2C_Tracer routine, which needs calling at the end.
#1841: GRHydro tracers broken ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: I.Hawke@… | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: GRHydro ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Ian: would you like to propose a fix for all the problems you encounter?
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org