#298: Update JPeg thorn ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Keywords: | ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Cactus provides the jpeg library version 6b via thorn CactusExternal/jpeg6b. Version 8c is current.
This thorn should also be moved to ExternalLibraries and should be renamed "jpeg".
#298: Update JPeg thorn -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
There is already libjpeg in ExternalLibraries with a much newer version than in CactusExternal. Ok to close this as invalid?
#298: Update JPeg thorn -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
I updated libjpeg in ExternalLibraries from 8b to 8c. I agree that just 'jpeg' as name would be nicer, but I don't think this alone is reason enough to change the thorn name now, as it is already part of an ET release. Once there was another Cactus release we should archive the CactusExternal thorn, but I suggest not refrain from this for now. Therefore I am closing this ticket. Please reopen if you disagree.
#298: Update JPeg thorn -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
If we plan to change the thorn name in the future, then we should now begin to provide a thorn with the new name so that people can begin to switch.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org