#1833: add version to LORENE library -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2015_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Keywords: | -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Now that capabilities can have versions, I propose to give the current LORENE external library the version 2014-04-18: the date the code was pulled from Lorene CVS and added to our repository (according to the log). Since Lorene is (still) in CVS and doesn't use release versions, a date is the best we can do.
Also, I propose to let the three thorns in the ET that use LORENE depend on that version in their configuration.ccl .
#1833: add version to LORENE library ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2015_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Description changed by knarf:
Old description:
Now that capabilities can have versions, I propose to give the current LORENE external library the version 2014-04-18: the date the code was pulled from Lorene CVS and added to our repository (according to the log). Since Lorene is (still) in CVS and doesn't use release versions, a date is the best we can do.
Also, I propose to let the three thorns in the ET that use LORENE depend on that version in their configuration.ccl .
New description:
Now that capabilities can have versions, I propose to give the current LORENE external library the version 2014-04-18: the date the code was pulled from Lorene CVS and added to our repository (according to the log). Since Lorene is (still) in CVS and doesn't use release versions, a date is the best we can do.
Also, I propose to let the three thorns in the ET that use LORENE depend on that version in their configuration.ccl (less or equal than).
--
#1833: add version to LORENE library ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2015_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Does the visible C++ interface change? If not I think we should not require a particular version of LORENE.
#1833: add version to LORENE library ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2015_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
The only change I propose here is to give the existing LORENE thorn a version string. The library itself would not change.
Also, following your suggestions from earlier, the actual version string should probably be 2014-04-18-1 - with the "1" indicating an ET-internal version.
#1833: add version to LORENE library ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2015_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Replying to [comment:2 rhaas]:
Does the visible C++ interface change? If not I think we should not
require a particular version of LORENE.
Lorene did change it's C++ interface. We don't package that version yet. So, in order to create a "nice" error message for users trying to use the old interface with a newer Lorene thorn, we would have to let the using thorns depend on the old interface, e.g., the old version.
#1833: add version to LORENE library ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2015_11 Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org