#2063: Simfactory dependencies not explicit -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: fedelopezar@… | Owner: ian.hinder@… Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: ET_2016_05 Keywords: python simfactory | -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- When running the Simplified Tutorial for New Users I get the following error at configuring Simfactory:
./simfactory/bin/sim build --mdbkey make 'make -j1'
--thornlist=manifest/einsteintoolkit.th
Traceback (most recent call last): File "./simfactory/bin/../lib/sim.py", line 39, in <module> import libutil File "/home/fede/Documents/ET/Cactus/repos/simfactory2/lib/libutil.py", line 44 print "could not create logging directory "%s", %s" % (log_dir, e) ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax
The problem turned to be that I have Python3 as default, and Simfactory will only work with Python2. I got Python3 when installing Jupyter Notebook. I got help from Jonah Miller, and came with the solution:
conda create --name python2 python=2 anaconda mpich2 source activate python2
The tutorial may needs to specify that you need python2.
#2063: Simfactory dependencies not explicit ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: fedelopezar@… | Owner: ian.hinder@… Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: ET_2016_05 Resolution: duplicate | Keywords: python simfactory ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by sbrandt):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => duplicate
Comment:
This seems to be a duplicate of 2058.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org