#917: Provide a way to query mdb entries for the current machine -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Keywords: | -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- I would like to find out the value of the "basedir" entry in the MDB for the current machine. I currently have to do:
{{{ simdir=$(sim print-mdb-entry datura|grep '^[ \t]*basedir[ \t]*=[ \t](.*)[\t ]*$'|awk '{print $3}') }}}
This is quite ugly, and also requires me to know that the current machine is "datura". I would like to be able to do
{{{ sim print-mdb-entry basedir }}}
and have it print the value of basedir for the current machine. If I instead specify a different machine,
{{{ sim --machine ranger print-mdb-entry basedir }}}
then it could print the value for the other machine. This would be much more intuitive and useful than the current behaviour.
#917: Provide a way to query mdb entries for the current machine --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I just discovered "sim get-output-dir <sim>". This was what I was trying to ultimately compute.
{{{ [ianhin@login-damiana EinsteinToolkitTests]$ sim get-output-dir EinsteinToolkitTests_f1e7cc6bccfee780c84e05fbb6f2889ea598d7c8_1 Simulation name: EinsteinToolkitTests_f1e7cc6bccfee780c84e05fbb6f2889ea598d7c8_1 Output directory: /lustre/datura/ianhin/simulations/EinsteinToolkitTests_f1e7cc6bccfee780c84e05fbb6f2889ea598d7c8_1/output-0000/ }}}
This is not very useful for use from a script. I would prefer that it just gave me the output directory rather than all that extra information which then needs to be parsed away.
Still, I think the above would be a useful modification to print-mdb- entry.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org