#1232: Improve output format of Carpet timer trees -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Keywords: | -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Marek Blazewicz reports:
I was using the timer tree in Carpet. Because it was not too nicely outputted, and I had to format it manually each time, I've fixed it ;).
#1232: Improve output format of Carpet timer trees --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Changes (by eschnett):
* status: new => review
#1232: Improve output format of Carpet timer trees --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: reviewed_ok Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* status: review => reviewed_ok
Comment:
Please apply
#1232: Improve output format of Carpet timer trees --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: reviewed_ok Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Marek says:
First for "untimed", the precision was 1, always. I unified it with other lines.
Secondly I've changed the width of the column float field (duration in s.) to the maximal printed length. These are # digits before decimal sep. (.) + 1 for dec. sep. + precision. The length of the field is computed once (log10(total time (which I assume is the largest number))) and passed to children via recurrence, to avoid unnecessary computations.
For '%' of total time I've used constant equation: 3 (log(100) + 1) + 1 + precision.
Thanks to these changes the time tree looks like tree ;)
#1232: Improve output format of Carpet timer trees --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett Type: enhancement | Status: reopened Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* status: reviewed_ok => reopened
Comment:
The patch no longer applies, and since the output format seems to have changed in the meantime, there is no quick way to see how to merge.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org