#2016: McLachlan sets r->infty values of metric incorrectly -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Keywords: McLachlan | -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- The (not usually used) "radiative" boundary condition uses the gt11_bound_limit etc to specify the limit of the fields at large radii. However right now the defaults for gt11, gt22, gt33 are all zero which is rather useless. I know that default values are not "sensible" values but rather "historical" values, but I question at which point in time it made sense to have the diagonal elements of the metric that we assume to become Minkowsky (since phi->0) would tend to zero.
#2016: McLachlan sets r->infty values of metric incorrectly ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: McLachlan ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
As far as I know, the radiative boundary condition in McLachlan's master branch is nonsense, unless Erik fixed it during the rewrite. There is a version in the cakernel branch which is correct, and has been tested against NewRad. A pure-Kranc version was needed for working with CUDA/OpenCL.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org