#30: Implement a "get" command --------------------------+------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: mthomas Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I don't have a corrupted hdf5 file handy, so I have to ask: Is there a quick way to check if such a file is corrupt, maybe an 'h5ls'? If so, this would make a selected resync quite easy.
Especially for high-frequency output you might come into trouble with timestamps if your rsync takes longer than one of the output frequency steps (and the simulation doesn't stop, which I really don't want to have). You'll never get all files consistently because the moment you copy the last the first has already been updated again.
All I care about would be to have all files non-corrupt. Retrying (only the corrupt files) until this is reached sounds like a possible solution to me, and would be an incentive to use simfactory over the otherwise also simple, manual rsync.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org