#208: GetComponents has syntax errors ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Keywords: | ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ When I run GetComponents, it aborts due to syntax errors:
$ bin/GetComponents --status --root=. manifest/einsteintoolkit.th "my" variable $ret masks earlier declaration in same scope at bin/GetComponents line 520. "my" variable %svn_servers masks earlier declaration in same scope at bin/GetComponents line 524. "my" variable $base masks earlier declaration in same scope at bin/GetComponents line 524. syntax error at bin/GetComponents line 518, near "$base ~" syntax error at bin/GetComponents line 664, near "}" Execution of bin/GetComponents aborted due to compilation errors. eschnett@erik-schnetters-macbook-pro:~/EinsteinToolkit-hg-vanilla (15:04:45)
#208: GetComponents has syntax errors ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: accepted Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Changes (by eric9):
* status: new => accepted
Comment:
This is very strange. I ran the exact same command using the latest version of GetComponents from GitHub with no errors... Are you using the stock version of Perl shipped with OS X?
#208: GetComponents has syntax errors ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: accepted Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
No, I am running perl 5.8.9 installed via MacPorts. Stock perl is 5.10.
#208: GetComponents has syntax errors ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eric9 Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Changes (by eric9):
* status: accepted => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Thanks for pointing this out. I have been using the stock perl 5.10, and apparently I used a syntax element that was not present in 5.8.9. I just submitted a fix to GitHub.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org