#109: Restart fails ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Keywords: | ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- A simulation restart with SimFactory failed with the following error message:
DEBUG: checkpoint file: /work/eschnett/philip/simulations/d3.0-mclachlan-i0031/output-0000/d3.0-mclachlan/checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.h5 file=/work/eschnett/philip/simulations/d3.0-mclachlan-i0031/output-0000/d3.0-mclachlan/checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.h5 dfile=/work/eschnett/philip/simulations/d3.0-mclachlan-i0031/output-0001/d3.0-mclachlan/checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.h5 DEBUG: linking /work/eschnett/philip/simulations/d3.0-mclachlan-i0031/output-0000/d3.0-mclachlan/checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.h5 to /work/eschnett/philip/simulations/d3.0-mclachlan-i0031/output-0001/d3.0-mclachlan/checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.h5 before link Error: Could not link checkpoint file /work/eschnett/philip/simulations/d3.0-mclachlan-i0031/output-0000/d3.0-mclachlan/checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.h5 to /work/eschnett/philip/simulations/d3.0-mclachlan-i0031/output-0001/d3.0-mclachlan/checkpoint.chkpt.it_0.h5
#109: Restart fails -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
I've commited a patch to include the operating system error when os.link fails. Looking at the code and the debug output, I can't see any obvious reason why this would fail. I've taken out the sys.exit(1) and instead replaced it with a return False, which will disable checkpointing. Hopefully when this happens again, the operating system error will help pinpoint the reason this is happening.
#109: Restart fails -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
On second thought, it might be because I wasn't checking to make sure the restore_dir, in this case /work/eschnett/philip/simulations/d3.0-mclachlan-i0031/output-0001/, existed before attempting to link the file. I've added code to create the restore_dir if it doesn't exist.
#109: Restart fails -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: anonymous | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Changes (by mthomas):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
this has been fixed.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org