#378: Perl simfactory has redundant ini files --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_05 Component: Other | Version: Keywords: | --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- As far as I know, the Perl version of SimFactory does not use the .ini file format. However, there are several files around in the repository which make it look like it does:
MacBook:simfactory ian$ find . -name "*.ini" ./cdb.ini ./mdb/abe.ini ./mdb/ac.ini ./mdb/bp.ini ./udb.example.ini
as well as an "inifiles" directory. This is confusing as when you first check it out, you don't know which files to customise.
I propose that these files be removed.
#378: Perl simfactory has redundant ini files ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_05 Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Those files were part of early experiments that have long since moved to a branch. Yes, please remove these.
#378: Perl simfactory has redundant ini files ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_05 Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
There is also an "adcirc" directory. I understand that this has also moved to a branch. Can I remove this directory as well?
#378: Perl simfactory has redundant ini files ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_05 Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
I don't know whether the adcirc directory is in a branch; if such a branch exists, please remove the files; if not, it should probably be created.
#378: Perl simfactory has redundant ini files ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_05 Component: Other | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Changes (by hinder):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
I have deleted the ini files.
The following branches exist:
ET_2010_06 ET_2010_11 PYSIM_2010 PYSIM_ADCIRC PYSIM_DEV
Since this version of simfactory will hopefully be phased out by the next release of the ET, it's probably not worth adjusting the branch structure for adcirc.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org