#613: Fresh compilation of McLachlan on Ranger failed with out of memory message -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Keywords: McLachlan | -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- A fresh compilation of McLachlan on Ranger failed with the following messages:
An internal threshold was exceeded for routine _Z17ML_BSSN_RHS1_BodyPK4_cGHiiPKdS3_S3_PKiS5_iPrKPd and optimization level may be reduced. An internal threshold was exceeded for routine _Z17ML_BSSN_RHS2_BodyPK4_cGHiiPKdS3_S3_PKiS5_iPrKPd and optimization level may be reduced. Fatal compilation error: Out of memory asking for 36864.
compilation aborted for ~/Cactus/configs/cigr_mix/build/ML_BSSN/ML_BSSN_RHS2.cc (code 1) gmake[3]: *** [ML_BSSN_RHS2.cc.o] Error 1 gmake[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2 gmake[1]: *** [~/Cactus/configs/cigr_mix/lib/libthorn_ML_BSSN.a] Error 2 gmake: *** [cigr_mix] Error 2
I am using simfactory ranger optionlist: ranger-intel11.cfg. My bet goes for vectorization error. Any ideas?
Thanks.
#613: Fresh compilation of McLachlan on Ranger failed with out of memory message ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: McLachlan ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
Are you using the most up-to-date version of the optionlist, and simfactory2? You should have
VECTORISE_INLINE = no
If you have this setting, then it must be something else. Do you have the latest version of the Vectors thorn? I can't see anything in the optionlist which would cause this. I compile with Intel 11.1 on Datura regularly and don't have this problem.
#613: Fresh compilation of McLachlan on Ranger failed with out of memory message ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: McLachlan ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
I built the ET on Ranger and submitted results on October 7. I updated the option list for Ranger after this.
#613: Fresh compilation of McLachlan on Ranger failed with out of memory message ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: bmundim | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: McLachlan ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by bmundim):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Ok, I was using on ranger a config file from the outdated location of simfactory2. So my config file had
VECTORISE = yes VECTORISE_ALIGNED_ARRAYS = no
but not
VECTORISE_INLINE = no
I am closing this ticket then. Thanks.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org