#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang Status: open Milestone: Version: development version Type: bug Priority: major Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Ok, this seems to not find libsz:
``` libtool: link: g++ -g -std=c++17 -D_GNU_SOURCE -O2 -fopenmp -Wall -rdynamic -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/14 -o silock silock.o -L/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/14 -L/usr/gapps/silo/szip/2.1/i386-pc-linux-gcc-3.2.3/lib ../../src/.libs/libsilo.a -lhdf5hl_fortran -lhdf5_fortran -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz -lcrypt -lgfortran -lm -lsz -fopenmp /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/14/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lsz: No such file or directory ```
which I have seen on some systems where `libsz` in located in the “usual” locations or not the ones reported by pkg-config.
This path looks suspicious: `/usr/gapps/silo/szip/2.1/i386-pc-linux-gcc-3.2.3/lib` since your system should be am64 or x86_64 and not i386 (32bit).
I have no idea where it got that one from though (the log file says it is a default path provided, but I don’t know who or what may have provided it).
One way to work around this may be to find out where the file `libsz.a` is located and at the _directory_ it is in to (or add an entry with if not yet there) to the `LIBDIRS` variable in generic.cfg (and compile from scratch).
So
``` LIBDIRS=<path-to-directory-with-libsz.a> ```
may work for you.
-- Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-einst...
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org