#1938: trouble installing readline -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2015_11 Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Keywords: | -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- I have been only able to configure and install part of readline. I get message back need to run ldconfig. I could only find an ld program with -help it is a shared library control program. I do not understand how to use it to get Cactus running. Thanks
David Rosenberg drdnrosenberg@gmail.com.
#1938: trouble installing readline --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2016_11 Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* milestone: ET_2015_11 => ET_2016_11
Old description:
I have been only able to configure and install part of readline. I get message back need to run ldconfig. I could only find an ld program with -help it is a shared library control program. I do not understand how to use it to get Cactus running. Thanks
David Rosenberg drdnrosenberg@gmail.com.
New description:
I have been only able to configure and install part of readline. I get message back need to run ldconfig. I could only find an ld program with -help it is a shared library control program. I do not understand how to use it to get Cactus running. Thanks
David Rosenberg drdnrosenberg@gmail.com.
--
Comment:
Hi David
Thank you for your bug report. I am not quite sure what is wrong here, and would need more information. A message about needing to run ldconfig is quite normal at the end of the installation of a library. It only means that usually (not here) you need to run 'ldconfig' to make the new library 'known to the system'. This is not the case here. Cactus specifies all paths to libraries 'by hand'. ldconfig is likely not your problem.
Could you please, within the 'Cactus' directory, run 'VERBOSE=yes sim build', capture the output and attach it to this ticket? This should help is a lot more to find the cause of the problem. You should be able to do that with one command:
VERBOSE=yes sim build 2>&1 | tee build.log
This will create a file 'build.log' which is what we would like to see. You still get the output to your screen (and it will be more than usual, don't be alarmed).
Also: you tagged the ticket with ET_2015_05. Did you mean ET_2016_05 (the latest release), or really the release from about a year ago?
#1938: trouble installing readline --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2016_11 Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by sbrandt):
I'm confused. Why is readline needed for Cactus? I don't compile it.
#1938: trouble installing readline --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2016_11 Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Replying to [comment:2 sbrandt]:
I'm confused. Why is readline needed for Cactus? I don't compile it.
ExternalLibraries/libreadline is not in the Einstein Toolkit. It is needed by ExternalLibraries/Lua. If not brought in by that, I could only imagine some other library depending on it without us explicitly requiring it. A full build log should show all that.
#1938: trouble installing readline --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2016_11 Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by sbrandt):
Ah, now I understand. Lua does not actually *need* readline however. It can be compiled without it.
#1938: trouble installing readline --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg Type: defect | Status: new Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2016_11 Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05 Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Note: Request for more info sent on Aug 2 using mailing list.
#1938: trouble installing readline --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* priority: critical => major * version: ET_2015_05 => * milestone: ET_2016_11 =>
Comment:
Removing milestone, since not part of the ET.
#1938: trouble installing readline --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: wontfix | Keywords: --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => wontfix
Comment:
no more input was provided and since the thorn is not part of the ET there is nothing to do.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org