#1773: Cactus adds non-existent directories to include path --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Keywords: | --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Currently, THORN/src/include is unconditionally added to the compiler include paths, regardless of whether it exists or not. While this is not an error in general, newer compilers emit a warning for non-existent include directories. The patch in the merge requests adds the directory only if it exists.
https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/pull-request/11/dont-add-non- existing-thorn-include-paths/diff
#1773: Cactus adds non-existent directories to include path ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I worried about two things, but have convinced myself that they are not problems: 1. Does this happen unconditionally on every make, or just during the CST, in which case newly-created include directories might not be caught. As far as I can see, this is in the makefile, so should happen on every build. 2. The shell leaves the original pattern verbatim if a wildcard fails to match. Make, on the other hand, doesn't do this for wildcards, so it should be correct (https://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node /Wildcard-Function.html). As far as I can see the patch is good, but I'm not an expert on the make system.
#1773: Cactus adds non-existent directories to include path ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: knarf | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: development version Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Changes (by knarf):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org