#964: make "-a" default option for GetComponents ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eric9 Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Keywords: | ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------ We seem to regularly receive support requests from users where GetComponents fails because they forgot to add the "-a" option. Since GetComponents is supposed to make checking out Cactus easier for novice users, I suggest changing its default options to reflect what is most likely required in this case. Having already the download of Cactus fail would turn me away from using it.
For the developer that actually require write access, we should all be computer and version-control savy enough to either change the checkout afterwards or modify the thorn list. Its just a 'svn switch --relocate', '$EDITOR .git/config' and '$EDITOR repos/carpet_hg/.hg/hgrc' after all.
So in summary I would like to suggest changing the default to "-a" possibly at the same time we change the defaults to --no-shallow
#964: make "-a" default option for GetComponents ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eric9 Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
I second the motion.
#964: make "-a" default option for GetComponents ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eric9 Type: enhancement | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: new => review
Comment:
I attach a patch for this. I cannot apply it myself right now. I will have to ask Eric for write permission to GetComponents.
I also (incorrectly) attahced a patch for #942 and will mention it there as well.
#964: make "-a" default option for GetComponents ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eric9 Type: enhancement | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ----------------------------+----------------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: review => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Applied as hash 6160341f02efce4b9c1e50b101e7684605a1c84a "make anonymous checkout the default" of CRL.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org