#1579: GRHydro does not build on Blue Gene/Q ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Keywords: | ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Some of the C++ source files in GRHydro do not build on a Blue Gene/Q with IBM's compiler. The problem is that the compiler takes a very long time (>8h) even without (sic!) optimization. "The usual" playing with compiler options or changes to the source files had no effect.
I consider this to be a bug in the compiler. A work-around may be to switch to Clang as C++ compiler.
#1579: GRHydro does not build on Blue Gene/Q -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Is it known whether gcc works?
#1579: GRHydro does not build on Blue Gene/Q -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
No, but I don't have any indications that either gcc or clang would have problems. Clang is preferred, since it supports the BGQ vector instructions much better.
#1579: GRHydro does not build on Blue Gene/Q -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
Is this still an issue with the current code in GRHydro? Do we still have access to a blue gene/q system?
#1579: GRHydro does not build on Blue Gene/Q -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
I have not tested on BGQ recently, but I just renewed my ANL account where I have access to a BQQ.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org