#634: Riemann1D fails to compile on Kraken -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Keywords: GRHydro | -----------------------------------+---------------------------------------- I'm unable to compile the Riemann1D utility on Kraken. It gives the following error message.
{{{ Creating Riemann1d in /nics/d/home/hinder/Cactus/EinsteinToolkit/exe/sim from /nics/d/home/hinder/Cactus/EinsteinToolkit/configs/sim/build/GRHydro/Riemann1d.o /nics/d/home/hinder/Cactus/EinsteinToolkit/configs/sim/build/GRHydro/Riemann1d.o: In function `riemann1d': /nics/d/home/hinder/Cactus/EinsteinToolkit/arrangements/EinsteinEvolve/GRHydro/src/util/Riemann1d.f90:10: undefined reference to `__kmpc_begin' /nics/d/home/hinder/Cactus/EinsteinToolkit/arrangements/EinsteinEvolve/GRHydro/src/util/Riemann1d.f90:374: undefined reference to `__kmpc_end' /usr/bin/ld: link errors found, deleting executable `/nics/d/home/hinder/Cactus/EinsteinToolkit/exe/sim/Riemann1d' make[1]: *** [/nics/d/home/hinder/Cactus/EinsteinToolkit/exe/sim/Riemann1d] Error 1 make: *** [sim-utils] Error 2 }}}
I think that this needs an Intel library to be linked in, but I'm not sure which one or how to add it.
#634: Riemann1D fails to compile on Kraken ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: GRHydro ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I think when I had this errror before I had to add -openmp to the LDFLAGS (yes linker flags).
#634: Riemann1D fails to compile on Kraken ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: GRHydro ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Cactus does not know how to build executables that have a Fortran main program. (It does not collect this information while configuring.) Riemann1d is the only case where this information is necessary.
F90FLAGS should already contain -openmp, and F90FLAGS should be used for linking in this case.
#634: Riemann1D fails to compile on Kraken ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: GRHydro ------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
We should rewrite Riemann1d to use a C or C++ main program, and call the Fortran code in a subroutine.
#634: Riemann1D fails to compile on Kraken ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: GRHydro ------------------------------------+--------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
No rewrite was required. It was sufficient to (programmatically) remove the -openmp flag from the utilities build command.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org