#1176: Compilation of Recompose.cc fails with gcc-4.7 and OpenMP -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- Reporter: david.radice@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: ET_2012_05 Keywords: | -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- I am trying to compile the latest release of the Einstein Toolkit, Ørsted, on my laptop (Fedora 17, gcc-4.7.2), but I get the following error if I try to compile with OpenMP:
/home/davide/Desert/CactusOersted/configs/charon/build/Carpet/Recompose.cc:2071:2: error: stray ‘#’ in program
the error disappears if I compile with no OpenMP support.
I can also compile without problems, using the same thornlist and with OpenMP support, on our local cluster with the Intel compiler.
#1176: Compilation of Recompose.cc fails with gcc-4.7 and OpenMP --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: david.radice@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: ET_2012_05 Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by barry.wardell):
Are you using ccache? I experienced similar weird preprocessor errors recently and it turned out ccache was to blame. In that case, setting the CCACHE_CPP2=1 environment variable was enough to fix the problem.
#1176: Compilation of Recompose.cc fails with gcc-4.7 and OpenMP --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: david.radice@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: ET_2012_05 Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by david.radice@…):
Yes I am using ccache and yes I can compile without issues if I export CCACHE_CPP2=1!
I guess you can close the bug.
Thank you very much!
#1176: Compilation of Recompose.cc fails with gcc-4.7 and OpenMP --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: david.radice@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: ET_2012_05 Resolution: invalid | Keywords: --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Changes (by eschnett):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => invalid
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org