#1467: CarpetIOHDF5 complains about invalid H5Pclose -------------------------------+-------------------------------------------- Reporter: anton@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Carpet | Version: development version Keywords: | -------------------------------+-------------------------------------------- I've recently updated to a newer Carpet and now I'm seeing lots of HDF5 spam about invalid H5Pclose. I've traced the problem to commit 05587a51734724536c183c9929967ecf3c2c0072 (ticket 1146).
It seems to me that HDF5_ERROR (H5Pclose (plist)); added in WriteVarUnchunked in Output.cc is incorrect, since plist also gets closed right before the function returns. Attached patches fix the problem for me.
#1467: CarpetIOHDF5 complains about invalid H5Pclose --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Reporter: anton@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2013_11 Component: Carpet | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Changes (by knarf):
* priority: minor => major * status: new => review * milestone: => ET_2013_11
Comment:
Both patches look fine to mee, but I would like Erik or Roland to have a look at well. Setting release milestone as we don't want to have warnings like this turn up in a released version, even if it otherwise works.
#1467: CarpetIOHDF5 complains about invalid H5Pclose --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Reporter: anton@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: reviewed_ok Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2013_11 Component: Carpet | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: review => reviewed_ok
Comment:
I can reproduce the problem (happens only when out_unchunked is set or out_mode is "onefile") and verify that the patches fix it. Both patches are fine. Thank you for reporting (and fixing this). This was a very nice bug report. Will apply.
#1467: CarpetIOHDF5 complains about invalid H5Pclose --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Reporter: anton@… | Owner: eschnett Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2013_11 Component: Carpet | Version: development version Resolution: fixed | Keywords: --------------------------------+------------------------------------------- Changes (by rhaas):
* status: reviewed_ok => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Applied as git hash 390fe95 "CarpetIOHDF5: avoid variable shadowing." and 52d01b5 "CarpetIOHDF5: remove a superfluous H5Pclose call." of Carpet.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org