#302: Multipole HDF5 file truncation with multiple variables -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Keywords: Multipole | -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Previously a "first_time" variable was used to determine if truncation should happen. When decomposing multiple variables, this logic is incorrect. We now store the first_time information per output file.
I have tested the patch.
#302: Multipole HDF5 file truncation with multiple variables ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: Multipole ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Changes (by hinder):
* status: new => review
#302: Multipole HDF5 file truncation with multiple variables ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: Multipole ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
The patch looks good.
I would use set<...> instead of map<...,bool>. I would also move changing the map (set) into the then branch of the if statement.
#302: Multipole HDF5 file truncation with multiple variables ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: Multipole ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
I agree with you about the changes. However I don't have time right now to make and test them. Since the patch works, and the suggested changes are only aesthetic, I would like to apply the patch to fix the bug right now, and the aesthetic changes can be fixed later. We can leave the ticket open so that we don't forget. Do you agree?
#302: Multipole HDF5 file truncation with multiple variables ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: Multipole ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Agreed.
#302: Multipole HDF5 file truncation with multiple variables ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: Multipole ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
The patch has been committed (r76).
#302: Multipole HDF5 file truncation with multiple variables ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: hinder | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: Multipole ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Changes (by eschnett):
* status: review => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Closing the ticket since the original problem has been solved.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org