#150: TwoPunctures: output individual ADM masses even when tuning --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: bernard.j.kelly@… | Type: enhancement Status: new | Priority: minor Milestone: ET_2011_06 | Component: EinsteinToolkit trac Version: ET_2010_11 | Keywords: --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Can we output the individual puncture ADM mass post-solve in TwoPunctures? At present (Chandrasekhar stable release), they're only quoted if we're tuning the mass through iterative solves (which, I suppose, is what most people do).
This requires only a handful of extra lines. I'm attaching an "svn diff" of my local version, which has this enabled.
#150: TwoPunctures: output individual ADM masses even when tuning ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: bernard.j.kelly@… | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2011_06 Component: EinsteinToolkit trac | Version: ET_2010_11 Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
I suggest to apply this patch.
#150: TwoPunctures: output individual ADM masses even when tuning ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: bernard.j.kelly@… | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2011_06 Component: EinsteinToolkit trac | Version: ET_2010_11 Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Why is PunctIntPolAtArbitPosition used, and not, as in the total ADM mass, PunctEvalAtArbitPosition? Otherwise the patch looks fine, despite the few unrelated changes.
#150: TwoPunctures: output individual ADM masses even when tuning ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: bernard.j.kelly@… | Owner: Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2011_06 Component: EinsteinToolkit trac | Version: ET_2010_11 Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by bernard.j.kelly@…):
Replying to [comment:2 knarf]:
Why is PunctIntPolAtArbitPosition used, and not, as in the total ADM
mass, PunctEvalAtArbitPosition? Otherwise the patch looks fine, despite the few unrelated changes.
Good question: I hadn't noticed the distinction, as I copied the new lines from what's in the earlier Newton-search loop. Perhaps they should -all- be PunctEvalAtArbitPosition (I assume the speed difference is negligible when evaluating at only two points)?
#150: TwoPunctures: output individual ADM masses even when tuning ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: bernard.j.kelly@… | Owner: knarf Type: enhancement | Status: accepted Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2011_06 Component: EinsteinToolkit trac | Version: ET_2010_11 Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Changes (by knarf):
* owner: => knarf * status: new => accepted
#150: TwoPunctures: output individual ADM masses even when tuning ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: bernard.j.kelly@… | Owner: knarf Type: enhancement | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: ET_2011_06 Component: EinsteinToolkit trac | Version: ET_2010_11 Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Changes (by knarf):
* status: accepted => closed * resolution: => fixed
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org