#2046: list of ET members out of date -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Keywords: | -------------------------------------+-------------------------------------- The current list of ET members on http://einsteintoolkit.org/members.html is out of date (mostly I guess because there is no way to update one's information).
Eg looking at http://einsteintoolkit.org/members.html Charalampos Markakis would be at Southampton (he has been at NCSA since 2016), Philipp Moesta would be at Caltech (he has been in Berkeley for a couple years now). Tanja Bode is no longer at Tuebingen but at UCSC etc etc.
My suggestion would be to contact all persons listed for their current institution and remove those that do not respond within a month. For future registration I suggest that we ask for an email address and ping the addresses once a year, removing stale ones. We should also include a paragraph to contact maintainers@einsteintoolkit.org to update ones affiliation in any email send out along with the registration.
#2046: list of ET members out of date --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
(mostly I guess because there is no way to update one's information).
https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/www/src/master/members.txt?at=master&a... =file-view-default
Every developer has commit rights (contact me if you don't). Yes, that means not everyone on that list can update their information. We have yet to find a system that can do that without making it open for everyone (which would be bad; ask Steve about the spam we get that never makes it to the users).
In general yes: it is a good idea to try to keep this up to date.
#2046: list of ET members out of date --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
Concerning email: I might have the email addresses they used for most of them, but since they don't give explicit permission to post them online, and I think it would be bad to ask for that, I didn't do so. I wouldn't care about mine (it's easily available anyway), but I want to respect the potential wish of persons to keep their email address from being 'too public' (usually for spam reasons), and without starting a discussion about the sense of that.
#2046: list of ET members out of date --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
I do not want to suggest to post the email addresses online which would be quite bad. Just have them internally (say visible only to the owner of the list) so that they can be contacted. To allow for updates I agree it is sufficient of one of the developers/maintainers handles the update, my suggestion was to include a sentence along these lines
If your affiliation changes or you would like to be removed from the
list of active Einstein Toolkit users displayed on the website, please contact maintainers@einsteintoolkit.org . You will be contacted approximately once a year to verify that you would still like to be included in the list of Einstein Toolkit users on the website http://einsteintoolkit.org/members.html .
in the confirmation email users receive when registering their membership.
#2046: list of ET members out of date --------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Roland Haas | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Roland Haas):
We should make an effort to ensure that list of users on the website is at least somewhat up to date by removing persons no longer active / updating incorrect entries.
For those persons we know personally, we can just send an email and ask for up-to-date information. For those that we don't know personally, but that had themselves registered to the users mailing list, we have he email in the mailing list. For those that have since removed themselves from the mailing list, I would say that a reasonable assumption is that they are no longer an Einstein Toolkit user but can also contact them. If the email is no longer valid then I would assume the person is no longer interested in the ET.
#2046: list of ET members out of date --------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Roland Haas | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
I can't help myself. I must put this link here: https://xkcd.com/2075/
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org