#79: Running on Damiana fails --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: barry.wardell@… | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Keywords: | --------------------------------------+------------------------------------- The compute nodes on Damiana are named nodeXXX, which does not match the aliaspattern for Damiana in the mdb. The quick fix is to change the aliaspattern to:
aliaspattern = ^(((login-)?damiana)|(sl-\d\d)|node\d\d\d)(.aei.mpg.de|.damiana.admin)?$
although this might interfere with other machines which also have their compute nodes named nodeXXX. A better fix would probably be to add a --machine=... option when running so that SimFactory does not need to guess which machine it's on from the aliaspattern.
I believe a similar problem also affects Kraken.
#79: Running on Damiana fails ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: barry.wardell@… | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by anonymous):
--machine is added, could you test it out on damiana?
Thanks!
#79: Running on Damiana fails ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: barry.wardell@… | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by Barry Wardell <barry.wardell@…>):
I've just tested this out with damiana and a fresh checkout of the PYSIM_2010 branch. I used the command:
sim create-submit --machine damiana ...
and it still doesn't seem to work. I still get the error:
Error: Could not determine local machine. Is an entry for node111.damiana.admin setup?
PS. Sorry, I didn't receive any emails from Trac so didn't realise you had replied to this until now.
#79: Running on Damiana fails ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: barry.wardell@… | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by Barry Wardell <barry.wardell@…>):
I manually edited the damiana submit script and added "--machine=damiana" to the run line and my job now starts OK. I think this ticket can be closed once #130 is closed.
#79: Running on Damiana fails ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: barry.wardell@… | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: blocker | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Changes (by eschnett):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Running on Damiana works now.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org