#1246: link time errors about builtin_isinf on bethe --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Keywords: | --------------------+------------------------------------------------------- I get link time errors about missing builtin functions on bethe using the current ET thornlist and a option list with options to disable OMP collapse.
This happens with current trunk.
If I remember correctly I can circumvent the problem with careful choices for '-Disinf=std::isinf' etc. However this seems like a fudge and dangerous given the amount of work put into getting isnan to work in Cactus recently.
Is there a "correct" way to fix this?
I attach the make output, options list, thorn list and a list of all thorn revisions.
#1246: link time errors about builtin_isinf on bethe ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
To my knowledge, the "correct" way to correct this is to install the Intel compiler on a system that has the necessary prerequisites, i.e. a particular version of GCC, or a particular version of Red Hat, etc.
I use work-arounds such as {{{ -D__builtin_isinf=::isinf }}} This seems harmless since the compiler will see this definition, hence will still be able to generate optimised code. Also, autoconf will see this and thus let Cactus provide a working implementation.
The implementation in Cactus puts its known-to-be-good functions into a separate namespace (either with a cctk_ prefix or into a namespace cctk) so that there should be no conflicts.
#1246: link time errors about builtin_isinf on bethe ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: rhaas Type: defect | Status: assigned Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Changes (by rhaas):
* owner: => rhaas * status: new => assigned
Comment:
Thank you. I will use the workaround for now and check and see if the correct compiler can be installed on bethe (it was recently re-installed from scratch).
#1246: link time errors about builtin_isinf on bethe ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Reporter: rhaas | Owner: rhaas Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------ Changes (by rhaas):
* status: assigned => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Erik updated bethe.cfg with the workaround and required flag to disable OMP collapse.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org