#433: GetComponents to report updated components ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Reporter: baiotti@… | Owner: eric9 Type: enhancement | Status: new Priority: optional | Milestone: Component: GetComponents | Version: Keywords: | ---------------------------------------+------------------------------------ I think it would be useful if "GetCompontents --update" reported which components and which files have been actually updated (they are usually a few, if one updates periodically). This can be achieved with the --verbose option, but then the output is larger than needed, I think. The current version (with the --version option) outputs, for example:
Updating module: LSUThorns/SummationByParts from repository: https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/LSUThorns/SummationByParts/trunk located in: ./arrangements Executing: svn update --non-interactive In: ./arrangements/LSUThorns/SummationByParts U src/call_derivs2.c Updated to revision 127.
I think that even without the --verbose option the lines
Updating module: LSUThorns/SummationByParts U src/call_derivs2.c Updated to revision 127.
should be output, while the lines
from repository: https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/LSUThorns/SummationByParts/trunk located in: ./arrangements Executing: svn update --non-interactive In: ./arrangements/LSUThorns/SummationByParts
report information that is not usually needed (not to speak of the initial long ,info. stuff) and therefore should be output only if the --verbose option is invoked.
In brief, I would like the output of GetComponents --update to be like
Updating module: LSUThorns/SummationByParts U src/call_derivs2.c Updated to revision 127.
Cheers, Luca
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org