#2157: Tarball links on download page are dead ---------------------------------+------------------------------------- Reporter: Steven R. Brandt | Type: defect Status: new | Priority: unset Milestone: | Component: EinsteinToolkit website Version: development version | Keywords: ---------------------------------+------------------------------------- The tarball links on http://einsteintoolkit.org/download.html are dead. How do we normally generate them?
#2157: Tarball links on download page are dead --------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Steven R. Brandt | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Ian Hinder):
I suspect there was something on a CCT machine set up by Frank. It would be better to have something that all the maintainers can administer, e.g. a BitBucket pipeline or something in Jenkins. We could set something up. But what is the reason to have the tarballs? How many times have they been downloaded? The web page says they should almost never be needed.
#2157: Tarball links on download page are dead --------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Steven R. Brandt | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
(1) I don't think the tarballs are needed. I found the problem by checking for dead links. I'd be okay with removing the link.
(2) The website is in a place where anyone can (in principle) update it: https://github.com/stevenrbrandt/et-websites.git
The requisite hooks are not in place to get changes automatically, however.
#2157: Tarball links on download page are dead --------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Steven R. Brandt | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Ian Hinder):
I hadn't seen that repo before; very nice! When you say the hooks are not in place to get changes automatically, do you mean that committing to the www repo doesn't update the website, or that committing to the et-websites repo doesn't update the live docker process?
#2157: Tarball links on download page are dead --------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Steven R. Brandt | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: new Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: | Keywords: --------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
Ian: I mean committing to et-websites doesn't update the docker process.
#2157: Tarball links on download page are dead --------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Reporter: Steven R. Brandt | Owner: (none) Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: unset | Milestone: Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version Resolution: fixed | Keywords: --------------------------------------+--------------------------------- Changes (by Roland Haas):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
I removed the link from the download page. Note that the repository for the website content is https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/www . https://github.com/stevenrbrandt/et-websites.git is the website server dockker files.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org