#266: simfactory should be callable for 'login' operations from anywhere ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Keywords: | ------------------------+--------------------------------------------------- I tried 'sim login philip' from outside my sourcebasedir. I expected to be logged into philip. However, simfactory insisted that I should be inside a subdir of sourcebasedir. I don't think this is actually needed for the 'login' process, is it?
#266: simfactory should be callable for 'login' operations from anywhere -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
Since directory structures differ on each system, "sim login" places you in the "equivalent" directory of where you start from. It does not simply place you into the remote home directory, since this is almost never useful.
SimFactory currently supports Cactus source trees, and places you in the same subdirectory of the same Cactus source tree.
We can add support for other directory trees, e.g. the simulation directory, which is also different for every system. In what particular directory were you?
#266: simfactory should be callable for 'login' operations from anywhere -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
I have been in my home directory. I think it would be useful to be able to simply login to remote machines using simfactory, as it could make the whole login-procedure easier for some machines (think about trampolines, gsissh ect). Could we let simfactory place the user in the home-dir (e.g. don't change directory at all) if the local directory is not known to simfactory?
#266: simfactory should be callable for 'login' operations from anywhere -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: new Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
That would work.
#266: simfactory should be callable for 'login' operations from anywhere -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Reporter: knarf | Owner: mthomas Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: minor | Milestone: Component: SimFactory | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------- Changes (by mthomas):
* status: new => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
This is done.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org