#1016: External library dependencies not taken into account ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Keywords: | ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- I find that dependencies between external libraries are not taken into account when creating the library link order. That is, "REQUIRES" and "OPTIONAL" specifications are ignored.
I believe I have isolated the problem and will propose a patch soon.
#1016: External library dependencies not taken into account -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Changes (by eschnett):
* status: new => review
Comment:
This patch corrects the problem for me.
#1016: External library dependencies not taken into account -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
This patch at first glance doesn't seem to change anything for thorns declaring an optional dependency. Shouldn't that also be ordered?
#1016: External library dependencies not taken into account -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
At this point, optional dependencies have either been dropped (if not present), or have been turned into required dependencies (if present).
#1016: External library dependencies not taken into account -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by knarf):
This patch also corrects the problem for me.
Why does the patch comment out two lines instead of removing them?
#1016: External library dependencies not taken into account -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by eschnett):
No particular reason.
#1016: External library dependencies not taken into account -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: review Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: | Keywords: -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by rhaas):
The actual linking order change in the first part looks fine to me, the part that originally said {{{ ES 2011-11-25: I don't understand these lines }}} I don't understand either, and why the call to TopoSort succeeded before I don't understand even know (since the number of arguments was wrong).
I all: ok to apply.
#1016: External library dependencies not taken into account -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: closed Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Cactus | Version: Resolution: fixed | Keywords: -----------------------+---------------------------------------------------- Changes (by eschnett):
* status: review => closed * resolution: => fixed
Comment:
Applied.
trac@lists.einsteintoolkit.org