#616: Carpet breaks backwards-compatibility with parameter files
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_10
Component: Carpet | Version:
Keywords: |
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
In the mercurial version of Carpet, the parameter Carpet::poison_value has
been removed. This breaks any existing parameter files which use this (I
have a large number). To avoid unnecessary pain, I propose that the
parameter be reinstated. It can print a deprecation warning, and doesn't
have to do anything.
I think we should aim to achieve backwards-compatibility with code and
parameter files as much as possible, especially when it is trivial to do
so. The parameter can be removed for good in a later release, if it is
felt that it clutters up the code too much. I think there was a CarpetLib
poison parameter which also changed, but I don't remember what it was.
This should apply to that one as well.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/616>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#612: new version of Carpet2ygraph.pl
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
Reporter: bruno.giacomazzo@… | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version:
Keywords: Carpet2ygraph |
------------------------------------------------+---------------------------
The script CarpetIOASCII/src/util/Carpet2ygraph.pl (it is the same both in
the git and hg versions of Carpet) is not working anymore. I modified it
in order to be able again to produce different output for the different
refinement levels and now it can also work with more than 9 refinement
levels. I have attached my version and the diff with the version in the
repository.
The only problem is that it still doesn't know how to remove ghost
points, so the output files may contain duplicated points. Im my parfile
I'm using CarpetIOASCII::out3D_ghosts = "no" and consequently I don't have
any problem. But if you have ghostpoints in your .asc files, you may see
duplicated points in the output produced by the script.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/612>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#575: McLachlan should use the kranc script instead of calling Mathematica
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: McLachlan |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Kranc provides a command-line interface and some useful code for catching
and displaying errors and improving on the default output. This is
accessed by running your script using the "kranc" command rather than
directly in Mathematica.
The attached patch modifies all the McLachlan scripts to work in this way.
Update to the latest Kranc to get proper error behaviour.
OK to apply?
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/575>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#607: Reduce size of table on http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-
info/parse_testsuite_results.php
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
The table shown on http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-
info/parse_testsuite_results.php is very large. Since failures tend to be
clustered in thorns and machines, it would make sense to reduce the table
size by showing summary results for each thorn or each machine, instead of
each test case and each process/thread configuration.
Presumably one could click on a thorn or machine to expand the respective
rows and columns to the current format, and to hide them again.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/607>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#618: damiana setup in simfactory is wrong
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Reporter: baiotti@… | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: blocker | Milestone: ET_2011_10
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: error in database |
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
I think that the damiana setup in simfactory is wrong. In the file
simfactory/mdb/machines/damiana.ini
there is the entry
sourcebasedir = /home/@USER@/damiana
while the correct one is
sourcebasedir = /home/@USER@
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/618>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#622: SimFactory should not require the user to configure an email address
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
If I try to run "sim build" without configuring simfactory, it reports
"Error: required key email in section pelican is missing". Note that I am
not running on pelican - it's probably just the first machine that it
checks. Not only is the error message very confusing, I should not need
to specify an email address to run simfactory (and certainly not for all
machines - why is this even a machine-specific option?). I realise that
there is the sim setup command, but I don't see the point. simfactory
should not have to be spoon-fed information that is either unnecessary or
easy to determine. The email address is only used, as far as I know, in
job submission scripts. If the email address is not provided, it should
be at job submission time that this is reported.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/622>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#619: launching jobs with simfactory without necessarily syncing the sources
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Reporter: anonymous | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: optional | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: simfactory remote directory |
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
I would like to launch jobs on a remote machine with simfactory without
necessarily syncing the sources. Therefore, my Cactus directory on the
remote machine is not necessarily the one guessed by simfactory in the
simfactory/mdb/machines/*.ini files. For example on damiana currently
simfactory wants Cactus to be in /home/baiotti/damiana/Cactus while my
Cactus is in /home/baiotti/Cactus. So currently I get the error:
> simfactory/bin/sim --remote damiana submit test --configuration
sim_damiana --parfile=~/test.par --walltime=48:00:00 --procs=36
--queue=intel.q --num-threads=1
Warning: could not resolve hostname mbaiotti2
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
/home/baiotti/datura/Cactus: No such file or directory.
Could it be possible to have more freedom in specifying the Cactus
directory on the remote machine? For the time being I have modified
locally the damiana.ini file.
P.S.
mbaiotti2 is the hostname of my laptop, from which I am sending the
simfactory commands. I don't know why the above warning is printed
(--verbose does not say more). I am using Version 1473M.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/619>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#621: SimFactory should determine the username from the local machine when
running locally
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
If I try to run "sim build" without configuring simfactory, SimFactory
complains that there is a required key "user" missing. SimFactory should
be able to determine the value of this key automatically since the command
is being run locally.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/621>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#613: Fresh compilation of McLachlan on Ranger failed with out of memory message
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: bmundim | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: McLachlan |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
A fresh compilation of McLachlan on Ranger failed with the following
messages:
An internal threshold was exceeded for routine
_Z17ML_BSSN_RHS1_BodyPK4_cGHiiPKdS3_S3_PKiS5_iPrKPd and optimization level
may be reduced.
An internal threshold was exceeded for routine
_Z17ML_BSSN_RHS2_BodyPK4_cGHiiPKdS3_S3_PKiS5_iPrKPd and optimization level
may be reduced.
Fatal compilation error: Out of memory asking for 36864.
compilation aborted for
~/Cactus/configs/cigr_mix/build/ML_BSSN/ML_BSSN_RHS2.cc (code 1)
gmake[3]: *** [ML_BSSN_RHS2.cc.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2
gmake[1]: *** [~/Cactus/configs/cigr_mix/lib/libthorn_ML_BSSN.a] Error 2
gmake: *** [cigr_mix] Error 2
I am using simfactory ranger optionlist: ranger-intel11.cfg. My bet goes
for vectorization error. Any ideas?
Thanks.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/613>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#609: simfactory should not copy all the repository metadata when setting up
testsuite runs
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Other | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
it would be nice if simfactory would not copy the content of .svn (and
maybe CVS, .git,.hg and _darcs) directories when copying testsuite data
before running testsuites. In machines with slow IO this can take a
substantial amount of time.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/609>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit