#471: GetComponents: Allow !ANON_USER and !ANON_PASS not to be specified in a cvs
checkout.
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Reporter: bmundim | Owner: eric9
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: GetComponents | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
I would like to checkout cvs modules from a repository
where ssh keys and ssh-agent are used to allow for a
passwordless checkout. At the moment GetComponent doesn't seem to
handle well this case. For example, once my keys are hold
by ssh-agent the following command allows me to checkout
cvs_module located at cvs_repo_path on cvsrepo repository:
cvs -d :ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path co path_to_module/cvs_module
However if I set on the CRL file the following directives:
!TARGET = $ARR
!TYPE = cvs
!URL = :ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path
!REPO_PATH = path_to_module/$1
!CHECKOUT =
cvs_module
I got the following error:
Checking out module: cvs_module
from repository: :@:ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path
into: Cactus/arrangements
Executing: cvs -z9 -q -d :@:ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path checkout cvs_module
In: Cactus/arrangements
cvs checkout: Unknown method (`@') in CVSROOT.
cvs [checkout aborted]: Bad CVSROOT: `:@:ext:cvsrepo:cvs_repo_path'.
This happens because GetComponents expects the directives
!ANON_USER and !ANON_PASS to be specified in a anonymous checkout
(as I usually set when I use ssh keys to authenticate my access to
a particular repository). However in doing so it prevents a
passwordless checkout. The attached patch fix this problem, but
maybe the best solution would be to allow the user to
specify a promptless !AUTH_URL directive so that "$user:$pass\@"
is not included in the repository specification.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/471>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#538: Enable CSE in McLachlan
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Kranc supports CSE, which has the potential to reduce code size and
improve performance. We should enable it in McLachlan.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/538>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#541: Use ssh control connections to speed up remote access
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Ian and Barry reported using this; it would be great if this could be
automated.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/541>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#436: NaNs in the AMR boundary closest to Pi symmetry boundary around 10M of
evolution
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: bmundim | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
The parameter file attached runs smoothly with the ET curie release
version.
However when I use the current ET development version, NaNs show up in the
AMR
boundary closest to Pi symmetry boundary around 10M of evolution. This
happens
for the second finest grid level.
I am repeating the experiment without Pi symmetry and I will report on its
result shortly.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/436>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#342: Add CCTK_POINTER_SIZE make variable
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: flesh |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
It is sometimes necessary to know in a thorn's configuration script
whether 32 bit or 64 bit code is to be generated. See the discussion in
ticket #339.
The attached patch adds a CCTK_POINTER_SIZE make variable to
make.config.defn which is accessible as a shell variable to configuration
scripts. This will be 4 when compiling for 32 bit, and 8 when compiling
for 64 bit.
I am not very expert in autoconf, so the patch might have to be modified.
It seems to work, however.
I have not included the generated configure script - this should be
generated by the person who commits the final patch.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/342>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#489: Hydro_InitExcision test cases failing - shift_state = 0 no longer supported
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: Hydro_InitExcision |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
All of the Hydro_InitExcision test cases are failing. The error seems to
be
WARNING level 0 in thorn GRHydro processor 0 host sl-18.damiana.admin
(line 128 of GRHydro_Boundaries.F90):
-> shift_state = 0 (no shift storage) no longer supported!
[1mWARNING level 0 in thorn GRHydro processor 0 host sl-18.damiana.admin
(line 128 of GRHydro_Boundaries.F90):
->[0m shift_state = 0 (no shift storage) no longer supported!
They started failing on 04-08-2011 when this check was added in GRHydro.
See attached diff for what changed in the Cactus tree between the test
passing and failing.
I don't know the code, but would it make sense to change
ADMBase::initial_shift = "none"
to
ADMBase::initial_shift = "zero"
in the test parameter files?
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/489>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#536: Don't overload machines while building
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: optional | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Certain machines are easily overloaded by building Cactus; building
multiple configurations at the same time is not possible there. For
example, LONI does not have sufficient compiler licences, or Orca
(Sharcnet) does not allow sufficiently many user processes. On LONI,
things will be very slow (also for other users), on Orca building will
fail with strange error messages.
I suggest a mechanism that automatically serialises building Cactus
configuration on certain sets of machines. Ideally, one would extend the
"make -j" mechanism for this; practically, an implementation via locks may
be simpler. Note that this has to work for sets of machines, not just
single machines.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/536>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#52: Ensure consistency between configurations on different systems
--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Reporter: anonymous | Owner: mthomas
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Resolution: | Keywords:
--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by bmundim):
Answering Erik: yes, I do regularly build multiple configurations in the
same source tree,
specially due to the large memory footprint of a ET checkout. So I don't
like to have more than
two (development and release) Cactus trees. I wouldn't mind to map
thornlist name to configuration
names (as long as tab completion is implemented too, as Ian suggested),
but I don't see the point on
enforcing it. The user should be able to set a different configuration
name based on the same
thornlist name with some thorns swapped by their private counterparts, for
example, like Frank
described.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/52#comment:4>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#491: RotatingSymmetry180 and RotatingSymmetry90 test cases failing
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
The thorns RotatingSymmetry180 and RotatingSymmetry90 started failing
their tests on 03-Aug-2011. This is probably the same root cause as
#490: McLachlan test case failing due to ADMBase variable differences
There are substantial differences in the extrinsic curvature, dtlapse,
lapse and ml_admconstraints well above roundoff.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/491>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#52: Ensure consistency between configurations on different systems
--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Reporter: anonymous | Owner: mthomas
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Resolution: | Keywords:
--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hinder):
At the moment I have configurations for both Damiana and Datura in the
same source tree, but--as suggested I think by Erik--this would be better
handled by having different source tree locations for the different
machines (they share a head node and home filesystem).
Most of the time I just use the default configuration name of "sim". I
would like this to use the default thornlist I have configured in
defs.local.ini, which used to work but I believe is now broken (I should
create a ticket for this). However, I also use other configurations. For
example I might have a small configuration for testing simfactory, another
for testing Kranc examples, maybe one for Carpet-Git and another for
Carpet-HG (I put the different Carpets in different arrangements in the
same source tree). So yes, I have multiple configurations.
I think a mapping between thornlists and configurations makes sense, in
the same way as I virtually always have a mapping between parameter files
and simulations. The only problem with this is that thornlist names tend
to be long and the configuration name would have to be typed for every
simfactory command. This could be solved by supporting [http://www
.debian-administration.org/articles/316 bash-completion] in simfactory so
that you could tab-complete on the configuration name. One could also use
short names for thornlists instead of long names.
So, I support the original suggestion and think it is a good idea. It
would be useful in the case where I have an old configuration and can't
remember what thornlist I used for it.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/52#comment:3>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit