#550: CarpetIOHDF5 too verbose while reading from checkpoint
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
It is not that uncommon that I recover using a different number of
processors. Every time I do this I see the error file cluttered with
messages like
WARNING level 1 in thorn CarpetIOHDF5 processor 21 host
c312-313.ls4.tacc.utexas.edu
(line 640 of
/work/00920/tg459479/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetIOHDF5/src/Input.cc):
-> Variable AHFINDERDIRECT::ahmask on rl 0 and tl 0 not read completely.
Will have to look for it in other files
I expect this, this is not an error and not really something to warn
about. I acknowledge that this might have been introduced when recovering
using the same number of processors was a problem and caused reading all
files, but I don't think this is an issue anymore.
I propose to change the warnlevel for this message to CCTK_WARN_DEBUG(4).
In addition it would be good to have _one_ separate message with level
CCTK_WARN_PICKY(3) if any variable/reflevel/timelevel could not be read
completely (but not one for each of these), ideally only once for all
processors. This would not clutter the output of the default simfactory
runs (-L 3) too much, but would indicate that this happened - and in case
this is a problem it's easy to enable -L 4.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/550>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#350: Autogenerating cctk_Loop.h
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
I wrote a perl script to auto-generate the Cactus header file
Cactus/src/include/cctk_Loop.h.The script writes the code to stdout. I
attach it to this ticket, as well as the output it generates.
I suggest to keep this perl script next to its output in the include
directory, and to run it manually whenever required.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/350>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#215: Driscoll&Healy integration for Multipole
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
The attached patch implements a more accurate integration over the sphere,
using an algorithm by Driscoll & Healy. This algorithm uses Gaussian
integration weights, leading (almost) to exponential convergence.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/215>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#512: Run testsuite in "distribute" script
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Run the testsuite in the distribute script.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/512>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#515: Silently overrides DEBUG and OPTIMISE options
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Reporter: barry.wardell | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
When building a configuration with SimFactory, no matter what is set in
the OptionList it sets the DEBUG and OPTIMISE options based on its own
--optimise and --debug options, which default to enabling optimisation and
disabling debug. This means that even if I have an OptionList with
DEBUG="yes", SimFactory will silently change this to DEBUG="no". This is
very unexpected and should not happen.
I think SimFactory should respect what is set in the OptionList and never
change it. The attached patch disables the overriding of all OptionList
settings.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/515>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#429: Parallelising AEILocalInterp
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
The enclosed patch parallelises AEILocalInterp via OpenMP.
This leads to a slight change in behaviour. Currently, AEILocalInterp
traverses the list of points sequentially, and aborts when the first error
is encountered. After parallelisation, there is no fixed order in which
the points are traversed, and if several errors are encountered, any one
of the errors may be returned, not necessarily the first. I am not aware
of any thorn that would or should rely on such an ordering.
This patch also adds "restrict" and "const" statements that may improve
performance as it gives the compiler more information about dependencies
between pointers.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/429>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#525: Clean up CCTK_GFINDEX definitions
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
The way in which CCTK_GFINDEX is defined is a bit complex, probably
unnecessarily so. The file cctk.h distinguishes between compilers which
support inlining and compilers which don't. This is probably useless these
days since every compiler supports inlining, and if not, we don't really
expect it to be fast.
If the compiler supports inlining, we define static inline functions,
which may or may not check array indices. If the compiler does not support
inlining, and if CCTK_DEBUG is defined, then we use regular functions
defined in DebugDefines.c, otherwise (i.e. without CCTK_DEBUG) we use
macros.
Overall, the indexing functions are defined three times, including once as
macros. I suggest to simplify this, based on the assumption that every
fast compiler supports inlining. I assume so because (a) the ubiquity of
C++, which relies heavily on inlining, and (b) C99 officially introduced
inlining 12 years ago.
The new setup would have "static inline" definitions (without index
checking) in cctk.h, and would have regular functions (with index
checking) in DebugDefines.c, and would choose between these two
implementations via CCTK_DEBUG.
This would eliminate the macros, and would eliminate the case distinction
based on whether the compiler supports inlining.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/525>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#262: make error messages in ReflectionSymmetry more informative
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
Reporter: roland.haas@… | Type: enhancement
Status: new | Priority: minor
Milestone: | Component: Cactus
Version: | Keywords:
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
this small patch includes the value of ierr in ReflectionSymmetries error
messages
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/262>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#588: simfactory tries to create the scratch directory when submitting the job
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
on some machines the desired scratch directory is not visible from the
head node but is compute node local (eg. kraken I think or zwicky for
sure).
Simfactory should not try to create the scratch directory on the node that
runs qsub but rather inside of the runscript or submitscript.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/588>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit