#1045: URL field should be optional
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: eric9
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: GetComponents | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
In a CRL file, it should be possible to have only an AUTH_URL field and
omit the URL field, since it might be that there is no unauthenticated way
to access the repository (e.g. for private repositories). At the moment,
when I omit the URL field for a Git repository, the error message is:
{{{
Use of uninitialized value $git_repo in substitution (s///) at
./GetComponents line 589.
Use of uninitialized value $git_repo in substitution (s///) at
./GetComponents line 590.
Use of uninitialized value $rec{"GIT_REPO"} in substitution (s///) at
./GetComponents line 593.
Use of uninitialized value $rec{"GIT_REPO"} in substitution (s///) at
./GetComponents line 594.
...
}}}
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1045>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#334: unsuccessful qsub not recognized / submit succeeds for finished simulation
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
python version:
I submitted a simulation 'sim submit' but the corresponding qsub failed
due to wrong numbers of procs/node (philip cluster). I changed the number
given on the command line and did a 'sim submit' again, this time
successful. Several things happend which I think could be done better:
- the unsuccessful qsub was not detected during the new submit - it
attempted a restart and didn't simply clean
the unsuccessful submit
- when trying the restart, it went ahead and queued the job, but this
later failed when run with "cannot rerun a restart that has been
finished". This could have been caught earlier - without the wait time in
the queue.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/334>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#649: simfactory should create the "simulations" directory
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
when following the new users tutorial one gets:
{{{
[rhaas@qb1 Cactus]$ ./simfactory/bin/sim submit static_tov
--parfile=par/static_tov.par --procs=32 --walltime=8:0:0
Parameter file: /home/rhaas/Cactus/par/static_tov.par
Error: could not access simulation base directory
/scratch/rhaas/simulations for reading and writing
Aborting Simfactory.
[137450 refs]
}}}
This happens each time I set up a fresh simfactory on a machine. It might
be useful if simfactory would create the simulation base directory if it
does not exist.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/649>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1059: simfactory silent error
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Reporter: anonymous | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: optional | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: simfactory error message |
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
When sim submit -remote ... fails to queue a job because the allocation
has been overdrawn, simfactory does not print any error message to screen
(it is only hidden in the log file).
Could it be made to print an error message to screen?
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1059>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#959: Move pthreads to ExternalLibraries
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
We should move pthreads support to ExternalLibraries (or to the flesh).
I have asked CCT to create the respective repository.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/959>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#816: include SphericalHarmonicReconASCII from incoming in PITTNULLCode
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: optional | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version:
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Christian Reisswig provided a copy of SphericalHarmonicReconASCII and
alternative thorn that reads in CCE boundary data (similar
SphericalHarmonicRecon) but supporting a wider variety of input file
formats (HDF5 among them, irrespective of the name).
Used by SpEC and Llama.
There are no docs or test cases as of now. Test data would be welcome
(SpEC, Llama or Cactus provided, I don't think it makes a difference).
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/816>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1377: GRHydro_Bondi.c and GRHydro_BondiM.c use M_PI
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: sbrandt | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: GRHydro M_PI |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
GRHydro_Bondi.c and GRHydro_BondiM.c use M_PI. This was a problem on
Tianhe-1A. I'd suggest adding the following to both files:
#ifndef M_PI
#define M_PI 3.141592653589793
#endif
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1377>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1252: Thorn configuration scripts should not be run if there are missing thorns
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
If there are thorns present in the thornlist which are not present in the
source tree, Cactus currently displays the corresponding error message,
and then runs the rest of the CST including thorn configuration scripts.
Since these can build large external libraries (e.g. LORENE), it can be a
long time before the user notices that the build has failed. I would
prefer if Cactus aborted before running the CST scripts.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1252>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#796: Support https for einsteintoolkit.org
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
To show our commitment to privacy and IT safety, we should enable https
support for our web site.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/796>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1506: compiling Cactus on Windows
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Reporter: jtao | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version: development version
Keywords: compiling, windows |
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Hi,
In the process to create the cactusBSSN benchmark for SPEC, I worked with
Mat from PGI(now NVIDIA) to help resolve some compilation issues on
Windows. I don't have patches for each one of them, but attemptive
solutions could be found in the email below.
These are not critical issues but it would be good to be resolved to help
future windows users if there is any.
Regards,
Jian
Mathew COLGROVE wrote:
> Hi Jian,
>
> I've been working on porting cactusBSSN to Windows. After working
through some header file configuration, I encountered several undefined
references. I've been able to work around some of them, but a few others
I need some help with.
>
> 1) "STDOUT_FILENO" and "STDERR_FILENO" in Cactus/main/Warnlevel.c
> These symbols are found in "unistd.h" which is not available on Windows.
I just commented these lines out since I don't think this section is
executed. Though, the proper fix would be to define then in
> the cctk_Config.h file if not "HAVE_UNISTD_H" is not.
The function isatty is defined in unistd.h. A conditional macro will be
necessary for that function as well in this case.
#if HAVE_UNISTD_H
if (!isatty (STDOUT_FILENO))
val = "";
#endif
> 2) "hypot" and "copysign" in Cactus/main/Complex.c
>
> Windows does support "hypot" and "copysign", however they spell them
"_hypot" and "_copysign". To work around, I created two versions of each
macro that use these symbols.
I will probably do the same.
> 3) "regexec", "regfree", and "regcomp" in Cactus/main/Parameters.c and
Cactus/utils/misc.c
>
> Windows does not support these functions. We may be able to integrate a
port from glibc into the benchmark but I would rather not. Since previous
versions of Cactus did not used these symbols, can we use an older version
other these files?
As a matter of fact, Cactus includes files from the src of the GNU
C library. You can find them under Your_Cactus/src/gnu.
It is likely that you pre-configured Cactus on a linux box or other
systems which provide the library. Cactus will then use the
system default instead.
To compiler regex.c getopt.c distributed with Cactus, you need to go to
Your_Cactus/configs/spec/config-data/
and set both BUILD_GETOPT BUILD_REGEX to yes.
# GNU stuff
BUILD_GETOPT = yes
BUILD_REGEX = yes
This will solve #4 below as well.
> 4) "getopt_long_only", "optarg", and "optind" in
Cactus/main/ProcessCommandLine.c
>
> Again, there is no Windows equivalent for these symbols. We may be able
to integrate something from
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/libgw32c.htm, but I would rather
not. Since previous versions of Cactus did not used these symbols, can we
use an older version other this file?
>
> 5) "gethostname" and "gethostbyname" in Cactus/utils/Network.c
>
> Windows does have these functions but we'd need to link with a DLL which
I'd rather not have to do (the user should have the option on how to
link). Though, I think we'd be safe to remove these functions.
Yes, the prototypes of gethostname and gethostbyname can be found in
winsock2.h, and Cactus knows how to deal with them on Windows.
---------------------------------------
Network.c :
...
#elif defined HAVE_WINSOCK2_H
#include <winsock2.h>
#endif /* HAVE_WINSOCK2_H */
...
---------------------------------------
If linking DLL will be an issue, I would suggest you keep Util_GetHostName
but make it a dummy function since Util_GetHostName
serves as the interface to gethostname for Cactus.
Regards,
Jian
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1506>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit