#1743: Reduce number of output files per directory
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: unset | Milestone:
Component: Other | Version: development version
Keywords: |
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Reduce the number of output files per directory in CarpetIOHDF5 by
creating a hierarchy of subdirectories.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1743>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1819: CarpetMask: add option to exclude boxes
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: bmundim | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: unset | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version: development version
Keywords: CarpetMask CarpetReduce |
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
I would like to be able to exclude boxes in addition to spherical surfaces
when setting the CarpetMask::weight (which is used by CarpetReduce to
exclude regions when performing
reductions). The following pull request implements this functionality:
{{{
https://bitbucket.org/eschnett/carpet/pull-requests/5/bcm-carpetmask/diff
}}}
I have some parameter files I used to test my implementation. I can turn
them into testsuites after the revision of this ticket.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1819>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1928: support make parallel options in simfactory
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Pull request https://bitbucket.org/simfactory/simfactory2/pull-requests/11
/parallel-make/diff adds a --jobs option to sim build that sets a
@MAKEJOBS@ replacement so that one can use make -j @MAKEJOBS@ in machine
definitons files and let the user choose the number of make jobs when
compiling
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1928>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1861: NaNChecker: do not report missing storage when checking "all" variables
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: Formaline |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
pull request at https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactusutils/pull-
requests/6/nanchecker-do-not-report-missing-storage/diff removes lots of
output about variables having no storage if checking all variables for NaN
is requested. Since "all" variables means "all that could be defined" and
not "all that are turned on" there is always lots of clutter when "all" is
used.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1861>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#394: Testsuite log file should contain more information
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: testsuites |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
It is useful to look at the testsuite log file for information about how
the tests were run. For example, which compiler was used, and with what
compiler options. We need to balance this against providing information
which will always change, making diffs hard to read.
The most extreme case would be to output all make variables. Maybe better
would be to output CC, CFLAGS, CXX, etc. Another option would be to parse
these and say "intel compiler", "gcc", "pgi" etc.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/394>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1717: hwloc: lnuma & lltdl *really* required?
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: zachetie@… | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
I downloaded the ET devel version (ca. Nov 26) on my (ubuntu) laptop and
compiled it, using gcc.
I compiled to the linker stage, and the linker complained:
ld: cannot find -lnuma
ld: cannot find -lltdl
I found references to these libraries in:
configs/[buildname]/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.HWLOC.defn
After removing these references, the code compiled and seemed (on the
surface) to run okay. Are these libraries really necessary?
I ask because every time I need to install ET on a new machine, it would
be more convenient if the step "apt-get install libnuma-dev libltdl-dev"
were left out, particularly since reliable Internet access may not exist
at that time.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1717>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1835: simfactory website contains incorrect download location
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version: development version
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
The simfactory website at
http://simfactory.org/simfactory/download/
contains incorrect download instructions for simfactory2 since it still
refers to the svn repository instead of the bitbucket one.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1835>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1884: provide support for multi-model runs in thorn MPI
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: MPI |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
The attached patch adds a very thin layer of code to ExternalLibraries/MPI
to provide access to two communicators {{{MPI_Comm_World}}} and
{{{MPI_Comm_Universe}}} which can be used for multi-model runs (or runs
started via {{{MPI_Comm_Spawn}}}).
The code does not itself split a communicator, it only provides routines
to get and set the communicators.
It supports C and F90 calls (and C++ calls through external C and call
from F77 files since Cactus compiles those with at a F90 compiler).
Documentation is provided in the tex file and in the grdoc comments.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1884>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1656: CarpetInterp and MoL do not work properly together
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version: development version
Keywords: |
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to integrate interpolated quantities using MoL. I call the
interpolator in MoL_CalcRHS, and want it to perform only a spatial
interpolation of the current content of timelevel 0. This current content
is what has been set by MoL; it is not the final value that will be at
t_{n+1} or was at t_N, but is the intermediate value that should be used
when computing the RHS at a given MoL substep. Since MoL does not set the
Carpet time hierarchy values, CarpetInterp seems to get confused about how
to do the interpolation. I need to tell CarpetInterp not to interpolate
in time at all, but to use timelevel 0 only. Unfortunately, setting the
interpolator option to use only one timelevel does not work. There is
commented-out code to "use cctk_time to decide whether to interpolate",
which essentially guarantees that no time interpolation will happen (since
the interpolation is requested for cctk_time, and the current time is
cctk_time, so they are always equal). Re-enabling this code allowed me to
achieve 4th order convergence for integrated interpolated quantities,
though I am not sure I understand everything that is going on in
CarpetInterp. I have added a parameter which controls this, and with this
parameter set to the default, nothing changes (i.e. it is not going to
change anyone's results unless they set the parameter). I would like to
commit this, so that collaborators can work off the same version. Since
the patch is very small, I hope this will not add too much unneeded
complexity. Is it OK to commit? Patch is attached.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1656>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit