#1717: hwloc: lnuma & lltdl *really* required?
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: zachetie@… | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
I downloaded the ET devel version (ca. Nov 26) on my (ubuntu) laptop and
compiled it, using gcc.
I compiled to the linker stage, and the linker complained:
ld: cannot find -lnuma
ld: cannot find -lltdl
I found references to these libraries in:
configs/[buildname]/bindings/Configuration/Capabilities/make.HWLOC.defn
After removing these references, the code compiled and seemed (on the
surface) to run okay. Are these libraries really necessary?
I ask because every time I need to install ET on a new machine, it would
be more convenient if the step "apt-get install libnuma-dev libltdl-dev"
were left out, particularly since reliable Internet access may not exist
at that time.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1717>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1835: simfactory website contains incorrect download location
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version: development version
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
The simfactory website at
http://simfactory.org/simfactory/download/
contains incorrect download instructions for simfactory2 since it still
refers to the svn repository instead of the bitbucket one.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1835>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1884: provide support for multi-model runs in thorn MPI
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: MPI |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
The attached patch adds a very thin layer of code to ExternalLibraries/MPI
to provide access to two communicators {{{MPI_Comm_World}}} and
{{{MPI_Comm_Universe}}} which can be used for multi-model runs (or runs
started via {{{MPI_Comm_Spawn}}}).
The code does not itself split a communicator, it only provides routines
to get and set the communicators.
It supports C and F90 calls (and C++ calls through external C and call
from F77 files since Cactus compiles those with at a F90 compiler).
Documentation is provided in the tex file and in the grdoc comments.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1884>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1944: NsNsToHMNS gallery example: thornlist defective
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: dradice@… | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: critical | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
The NsNsToHMNS thornlist is currently broken because there is no
ET_2015_05 branch of the LSUThorns/NSTracker repository.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1944>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1656: CarpetInterp and MoL do not work properly together
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version: development version
Keywords: |
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
I am trying to integrate interpolated quantities using MoL. I call the
interpolator in MoL_CalcRHS, and want it to perform only a spatial
interpolation of the current content of timelevel 0. This current content
is what has been set by MoL; it is not the final value that will be at
t_{n+1} or was at t_N, but is the intermediate value that should be used
when computing the RHS at a given MoL substep. Since MoL does not set the
Carpet time hierarchy values, CarpetInterp seems to get confused about how
to do the interpolation. I need to tell CarpetInterp not to interpolate
in time at all, but to use timelevel 0 only. Unfortunately, setting the
interpolator option to use only one timelevel does not work. There is
commented-out code to "use cctk_time to decide whether to interpolate",
which essentially guarantees that no time interpolation will happen (since
the interpolation is requested for cctk_time, and the current time is
cctk_time, so they are always equal). Re-enabling this code allowed me to
achieve 4th order convergence for integrated interpolated quantities,
though I am not sure I understand everything that is going on in
CarpetInterp. I have added a parameter which controls this, and with this
parameter set to the default, nothing changes (i.e. it is not going to
change anyone's results unless they set the parameter). I would like to
commit this, so that collaborators can work off the same version. Since
the patch is very small, I hope this will not add too much unneeded
complexity. Is it OK to commit? Patch is attached.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1656>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1865: Automatically start SystemTopology
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Reporter: dradice@… | Owner: eschnett
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version: development version
Keywords: |
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Carpet used to load hwloc automatically and that would set thread
affinities. Now this functionality is in the SystemTopology thorn, which
is not automatically activated. This change could result in a significant
performance regression on some systems (see discussion in #1850).
Would it make sense to activate SystemTopology automatically?
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1865>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1932: ML_BSSN: other_timelevels Parameter Not Respected
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Reporter: zachetie@… | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Other | Version: development version
Keywords: |
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
At the Jun 27, 2016 ET telecon, we found the following bug in
McLachlan/ML_BSSN:
Inside the ET_2016_05 ML_BSSN/schedule.ccl, you'll notice the following
lines:
STORAGE: ML_Ham[timelevels]
STORAGE: ML_mom[timelevels]
STORAGE: ML_cons_detg[timelevels]
STORAGE: ML_cons_Gamma[timelevels]
STORAGE: ML_cons_traceA[timelevels]
in all of these lines, "timelevels" should be replaced by
"other_timelevels".
This should result in significantly increased memory usage in the latest
ML_BSSN (possibly at the 10-20% level), particularly in vacuum evolutions.
Related to this problem, I noticed that in a previous version of McLachlan
(2015_05, where the above issue does not exist), all constraints are being
stored in checkpoint files, despite having only one timelevel.
ML_BSSN_Helper is supposed to overwrite the ML_BSSN/interface.ccl request
to set the Checkpoint="no" tag.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1932>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1945: NsNsToHMNS gallery example: parfile defective
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Reporter: dradice@… | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: critical | Milestone:
Component: Other | Version:
Keywords: |
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
There is a bug in the parfile of the NsNsToHMNS gallery example. I am
attaching a patch.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1945>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit