#260: produce map of ET users
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: optional | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
It would be nice to produce an (autmatically generated) map of the
locations of ET users
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/260>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1933: Cactus does not compile with clang on macOS
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version: development version
Keywords: |
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Cactus does not currently compile on macOS with the Apple-provided
compiler (named gcc, but really clang). There is a
[https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactus/pull-requests/12/fixes-to-allow-
compilation-with-clang-on pull request] containing some commits which
solved this problem a while ago, but which very quickly conflicted with
other changes.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1933>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1900: Formaline circumvents git's file change caching
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: rhaas | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: Formaline |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Git contains a heuristic that considers a file as unchanged if its
modification time is the same as when it was last added to the repository
thus avoiding having to diff the file and its repository copy. Formaline
commit 68dddf3 circumvents this by using plumbing commands that always
read the file to compute a hash potentially slowing down Formaline
significantly
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1900>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1843: SSL certificale expired for svn.cactuscode.org
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Reporter: barry.wardell | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: unset | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version: development version
Keywords: |
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
It appears that the SSL certificate for svn.cactuscode.org expired today.
This can cause the svn checkout of Cactus thorns (in particular external
libraries) to fail.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1843>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1781: Outflow: wrong column labels in 2D output
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: dradice@… | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
This is a trivial fix (I am attaching a patch)
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1781>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1542: Define variants of CCTK_FullName and CCTK_GroupName that don't require
calling free
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
'nuff said.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1542>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1938: trouble installing readline
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: drdnrosenberg@… | Owner: David Rosenberg
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: critical | Milestone: ET_2015_11
Component: Cactus | Version: ET_2015_05
Keywords: |
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
I have been only able to configure and install part of readline. I get
message back need to run ldconfig. I could only find an ld program with
-help it is a shared library control program. I do not understand how to
use it to get Cactus running. Thanks
David Rosenberg <drdnrosenberg(a)gmail.com>.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1938>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1581: Clean up ET web site menu
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit website | Version: development version
Keywords: |
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
The menu entries "support" and "issue tracker" should be separated from
"wiki", "blog", and "seminars". The first two are about the code, the
latter two about the community. I suggest to move the first two to the
"download" section that currently has no sub-menus.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1581>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#1547: issues with stampede
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Reporter: jchsma@… | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Other | Version: ET_2013_11
Keywords: |
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Over the past few months, I have been using RIT's LazEv code with only
minor hiccups on stampede (particularly, the unreproducible 'dapl_conn_rc'
crashes that I'm sure other stampede users are familiar with). This
checkout was of the previous release, ET_2013_05, and compiled with Intel
MPI. Most of the jobs I ran took advantage of some symmetry, and I was
able to run on 12-16 nodes at about 50-60% memory usage.
After the sync issue was backported, I checked out the new release,
ET_2013_11 and immediately ran into problems. The first issue was with
the run performance and LoopControl, which, with the mailing lists help,
we sorted out. The second was with crashes and checkpointing. With both
Intel MPI and MVAPICH2 configurations, the code would hang (~50% of the
time) when dumping checkpoints, and 100% when dumping a termination
checkpoint. Further, the crashes seem more frequent, and I couldn't get a
simulation to run for a full 24 hours without crashing (either by stalling
on checkpointing or otherwise).
So, I checked out a clean version of the toolkit, with only toolkit
thorns, and removed any thorns specific to RIT. I compiled with both the
Intel MPI and MVAPICH2 configurations in simfactory.
In both cases, I can run the 'qc0-mclachlan.par' file to completion with
no issues. So I edited the qc0 parfile to update the grid, remove the
symmetries, and update the initial data to match my test parameter file.
I ran the job on 20 nodes, and with either configuration, I was not
successful in running the job to completion on any of my numerous
attempts. Intel MPI runs die with the standard unhelpful "dapl_conn_rc"
error at random times in the evolution, and the MVAPICH2 dies with:
[c431-903.stampede.tacc.utexas.edu:mpispawn_7][readline] Unexpected End-
Of-File on file descriptor 6. MPI process died?
[c431-903.stampede.tacc.utexas.edu:mpispawn_7][mtpmi_processops] Error
while reading PMI socket. MPI process died?
[c431-903.stampede.tacc.utexas.edu:mpispawn_7][child_handler] MPI process
(rank: 15, pid: 106620) terminated with signal 9 -> abort job
[c429-501.stampede.tacc.utexas.edu:mpirun_rsh][process_mpispawn_connection]
mpispawn_7 from node c431-903 aborted: Error while reading a PMI socket
(4)
The IMPI jobs died with the same dapl_conn_rc error at run times of 2
hours, 8 hours, and 21 hours. I also had one job that hung and did not
exit until it was killed by the queue manager. The MVAPICH2 jobs died at
around 3 hours and 8 hours with the error above.
We've been in contact with TACC and they said it was a Cactus issue, so I
am sending this report.
Attached is the parameter file I used for the tests. They should work
with a stock ET_2013_11 checkout.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1547>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#980: Remove support for the flesh-based MPI mechanism
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
The flesh-based MPI mechanism has just been deprecated in favour of
ExternalLibraries/MPI. Even though the latter is new, it is probably a
good idea to completely disable the old mechanism since having any mixture
of thorns/optionlists using the old and new mechanisms is completely
untested and will likely lead to problems and confusion. It's better to
give a useful fatal error message if someone still specifies "MPI = " in
their optionlist than to have things break in other weird and wonderful
ways.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/980>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit