#2530: Thorn Vectors fails to compile using gcc 8.X on POWER9
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Unless objected I will apply this after 2021-08-20.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2530/thorn-vectors-fai…
#2539: Unable to compile on Ubuntu 20.04 or run executable
Reporter: Jason Kodish
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_05
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: SimFactory
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Unless objected, since there is no activity in this ticket I will close it as “invalid” after 2021-08-13.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2539/unable-to-compile…
#2540: Unexpected Hamiltonian violation from Carpet boundaries, using CCZ4
Reporter: KennethZen
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2020_05
Version: ET_2020_05
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: Carpet
Comment (by Roland Haas):
In the ET call from 2021-08-05 Peter reported on having looked further into this and it seems that the issue was eventually tracked down to missing dissipation setting in the parameter file.
Unless objected I will close this ticket as “resolved” after 2021-08-13.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2540/unexpected-hamilt…
#2549: inlcude FLRWSolver in ET
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Reviewer: @{557058:a2800088-fc6e-4fbe-9a1e-663271f736bd}
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2549/inlcude-flrwsolve…
#2548: Compilation failure: "const" assignment in LoopControl/src/loopcontrol.cc
Reporter: Bernard Kelly
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2021_05
Version: ET_2021_05
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Hmm, these may be causes by a change in C\+\+ where constexpr and const are not longer implying each other, though why it would only happen for you with Intel17 I am not sure. Could be the same library mismatch as in #2457 but I kind of doubt it.
I took a look at the reference for the function call \(`min`\) in question: [https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/numeric/random/linear\_congruential\_engi… and it is declared as
```
static constexpr result_type min();
```
so the compiler error seems odd. The only thing I can think of is that either the C\+\+ standard library used \(incorrectly\) does not declare it as `constexpr`, or that the compiler gets confused b/c I am calling a static class function via an object.
I will try and see if `minstd_rand::minx()` works instead, assuming I can find a cluster where I can reproduce the issue.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2548/compilation-failu…
#2538: Inclusion of kuibit
Reporter: Gabriele Bozzola
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2021_11
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Changes (by Gabriele Bozzola):
kuibit is a Python package for post-processing simulations. The tool comes with several features for analysis and visualization. For some of the most common operations \(e.g., 2D plot of a grid variable, extraction of gravitational waves, ...\), users can directly obtain the result without writing any code. The number of such ready-made scripts grows with every release of kuibit. For everything else, kuibit has a large number of features \([https://sbozzolo.github.io/kuibit/features.html\)](https://sbozzolo.github.io/kuibit/features.html) that can be used in scripts or notebooks.
kuibit is designed to be user-friendly: it has rich documentation \([https://sbozzolo.github.io/kuibit/\)](https://sbozzolo.github.io/kuibit/) examples ready to be used, and tutorials. kuibit is also designed to be developer- and maintainer- friendly: it is thoroughly commented, and it implements several continuous integration pipelines to test, document, and publish the package automatically. The high quality of kuibit is also recognized by its publication in the Journal of Open Source Software \([https://joss.theoj.org/papers/10.21105/joss.03099\)](https://joss.theoj.org/papers/10.21105/joss.03099)
kuibit is largely inspired by Wolfgang Kastaun's PyCactus. kuibit shares the same overall design with PyCactus, and in some cases, the implementation details too. kuibit would not exist without PyCactus.
As far as I know, 5-10 people are actively using kuibit as their main tool to interface with the output of simulations. The feedback I got is overwhelmingly positive: users that are new to the Einstein Toolkit praise the simplicity of use and the comfort of working in Python; experienced users claim that kuibit allows them to focus on the science instead of the technical details.
kuibit has already been used for publications, see [https://inspirehep.net/literature?sort=mostrecent&size=25&page=1&q=refersto…
kuibit repo: [https://github.com/Sbozzolo/kuibit](https://github.com/Sbozzolo/kuibit)
Comments and feedback are welcomed.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2538/inclusion-of-kuib…
#2549: inlcude FLRWSolver in ET
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Changes (by Roland Haas):
assignee: helvi witek (was )
responsible: [] (was )
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2549/inlcude-flrwsolve…