#2598: thornyflat - production run segmentation fault
Reporter: Maria
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Anuj Kankani):
The modules I used are the ones listed in the machine file I attached. I also had issues with openmpi 4.something, so I switched to the openmpi 3.something and gcc93.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2598/thornyflat-produc…
#2598: thornyflat - production run segmentation fault
Reporter: Maria
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Maria):
Sure, no problem! Meantime, I still want to be able to run ETK on ThornyFlat. Anuj, what version of mpi/gcc are you using when you were able to run on ThornyFlat?
I was on the phone with Guillermo and Patrick for 2 hours Today. Apparently I have the same rights to compute nodes as any WVU faculty on ThornyFlat community nodes supported by NSF. It’s not the memory or access, although ThornyFlat was rather slow Today. The problem was tracked down to a bug that seems to appear when mpi4.1 talks with gcc11. It is not fixed yet. I am to try to use instead gcc3.1.6 and report back. They’ll work on their end to figure out if it’s fixable by them, or it’s a bug in mpi4.1 that must be reported. As for me not being able to send tickets, this seem to be managed by a different team, that I have to contact.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2598/thornyflat-produc…
#2598: thornyflat - production run segmentation fault
Reporter: Maria
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Anuj Kankani):
@Maria I have run it on 2 nodes/80 cores on thornyflat and 128 cores on spruce knob \(with the necessary changes to the configuration files for spruce knob\). The files I attached are working for me without issue and the generic configuration problem was due to a mistake I was making.
Note: they have actually added ET as a module to thorny flat as well, but I was not able to get it to work and the hpc staff told me they are working on fixing it.
@Roland Haas, if Maria is unable to access the cluster, then I can volunteer as the maintainer for thorny flat and spruce knob
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2598/thornyflat-produc…
#2598: thornyflat - production run segmentation fault
Reporter: Maria
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Maria):
Well. I thought I can do this. I used ThornyFlat before without problems, but for almost an year now, I’m not getting through. I will call them Tomorrow to make sure that I am able to access the WVU cluster and the ticket web page, as an outsider \(I am not a WVU faculty\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2598/thornyflat-produc…
#2598: thornyflat - production run segmentation fault
Reporter: Maria
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2021_11
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Sure. I am also still looking for someone to volunteer to “maintain” the files ie check peridocaly \(every 6months for the release\) that they still work. In return that person \(and any others named by them as having contributed to the files\) gets to be a simfactory and thus ET author.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2598/thornyflat-produc…