#2619: include Ellipitca (reader) in Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version:
Type: enhancement
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Pedro Espino):
I can confirm that both objects begin at the correct locations \(i.e., the same as BAM\) on the grid. Below is a view of the trajectories on the equatorial plane for each evolution code \(ET is EinsteinToolkit and BA is BAM\). We’ve tried this test with both the `VolumeIntegrals_GRMHD` and `NSTracker` thorns for tracking the NS, and they result in similar results. I suspect the differences in trajectories are due to different gauge conditions. It is difficult to get a 1-to-1 overlap in the gauge conditions between BAM and `ML_BSSN`.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2619/include-ellipitca…
#2711: attempting to build KadathThorn assumes a git repository
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Roland Haas):
`GetComponents` has code to avoid race conditions. If that does not trigger then there is something wrong.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2711/attempting-to-bui…
#2711: attempting to build KadathThorn assumes a git repository
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by tootle):
@{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} I’m still working on a solution to this. The issue with the proposed \(though not advised\) solution of having a separate checkout to populate the src/fuka directory results in a race condition on the filesystem since a working tree becomes locked when being used by `GetComponents` even without `--parallel`.
I also verified, at least on my system, that the submodules of Kranc are not automatically updated via `GetComponents` so possibly this is just a remnant on your system.
Is it the case that sim-sync only downloads the repos from the internet and pushes them to a remote system and only on the remote system are the build scripts executed? Within the confines of the use case, I don’t see much of an alternative than to switch to a tarball. I’ll think on it more though.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2711/attempting-to-bui…
#2712: KadathThorn build script contains GNUisms
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by tootle):
@{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} It took me a bit, but I think I have all of these issues resolved. The GNUisms was trivial, but updating to allow for different folder names was less so with the main issue being that \`detect.sh\` does not have knowledge of `THORN` even aftering adding it to `make.config.deps`. To alleviate this issues, I have resorted to using a static thorn name `KadathThorn` within the `*.sh` files and `make.config.deps` since i don’t see any reason for conflicts to be of issues unless one tries to build using two different versions of the same thorn \(e.g. `KadathThorn` and `KadathThorn-rhaas`\).
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2712/kadaththorn-build…
#2710: Elliptica_ID_reader library not found at runtime on macOS
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component:
Comment (by Alireza R.):
As far as I can see the libraries are put in `configs/sim/scratch/external.`
Anyway, I added an option to ensure that it compiles only the static library. So this should be fixed now. Please let me know. Thanks!
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2710/elliptica_id_read…
#2708: Elliptica_ID_Reader fails to compile on macOS
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: blocker
Component:
Comment (by Alireza R.):
I removed the culprit flag that caused the incompatibly with macOS. Please let me know if it now goes smooth on macOS. Additionally, I commented out the redirection of the makefile outputs. Thanks for the info!
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2708/elliptica_id_read…
#2553: Cactus' link command uses CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: Cactus
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Similar issues also happen with HIP / RoCM compiles and using `-x hip` in `CXXFLAGS`.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2553/cactus-link-comma…
#2718: update Canuda author list
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2023_05
Version:
Type: task
Priority: trivial
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
The author list of Canuda and the ET author list should be updated.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2718/update-canuda-aut…
#2717: conflicting barriers in CarpetLib
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: minor
Component: Carpet
Comment (by Erik Schnetter):
This might be an actual bug in Carpet. Or it might be that these barriers haven’t been tested in a long time, and don’t conform to Carpet’s communication algorithms any more.
I would be careful activating these barriers, they might just be incorrect these days.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2717/conflicting-barri…