#2172: Test "Binary black hole GW150914" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Changes (by Roland Haas):
responsible: [] (was )
assignee: Yuvraj Sharma (was )
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2172/test-binary-black…
#2172: Test "Binary black hole GW150914" example
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: open
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version: development version
Type: task
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Changes (by Beyhan Karakaş):
responsible: (was [])
assignee: (was Deborah Ferguson)
Comment (by Beyhan Karakaş):
Yuvraj Sharma (Deborah's student) will handle this for the release.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2172/test-binary-black…
#2933: CarpetX's reduction.hxx is not self-contained
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: CarpetX
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I have the dependency, that does unfortuantely not fix it:
```
REQUIRES CarpetX Loop
```
It would not affect what include files I see though, since Cactus has no notion of any thorn "owning" an include file declared in `interface.ccl` since they all actually just append to the include file, ie multiple thorns can have `INCLUDE HEADER: foo.hxx IN foo.hpp`.
I think this is just an oversight since all other users of `reduction.hxx` (well `io_norms.cxx`) include `loop.hxx` first, before including `reduction.hxx` and they do have a global `dim` in their namespace (from `CarpetX` I guess.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2933/carpetxs-reductio…
#2933: CarpetX's reduction.hxx is not self-contained
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: CarpetX
Comment (by Erik Schnetter):
I might have misread the error message.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2933/carpetxs-reductio…
#2933: CarpetX's reduction.hxx is not self-contained
Reporter: Roland Haas
Status: new
Milestone:
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: CarpetX
Changes (by Roland Haas):
using just `USES INCLUDE HEADER reduction.hxx` in interface.ccl and then:
```
#include "reduction.hxx"
```
I get an error message:
```
/home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/ET_trunk/arrangements/CarpetX/CarpetX/src/reduction.hxx:24:22: error: ‘amrex’ does not name a type [-Wtemplate-body]
24 | using tuple_type = amrex::GpuTuple<T, T, T, T, T, T, T, T>;
```
making amrex available (by including `loop_device.hxx` first, which seems wrong) I then get:
```
In file included from /home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/ET_trunk/configs/sim/bindings/include/reduction.hxx:4,
from /home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/ET_trunk/configs/sim/build/CenterOfMass/centerofmass.cc:6:
/home/rhaas/postdoc/gr/cactus/ET_trunk/arrangements/CarpetX/CarpetX/src/reduction.hxx:123:30: error: ‘dim’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘Loop::dim’?
123 | typedef reduction<CCTK_REAL, dim> reduction_CCTK_REAL;
| ^~~
| Loop::dim
```
which also seem wrong.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2933/carpetxs-reductio…